Lightning Warp

"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Once the spell is cast, run speed determines how fast you will be teleported. But cast speed still works to initially cast the skill faster.

It has been mentioned before. A lot of the original info on the skill got bumped with the update to 0.9.3 (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11695/page/1).

It was stated that you will take the same amount of time to teleport as you would if you had moved there normally, modified by movement speed. This means you can speed up the teleport by having more movement speed. But you can also cast, attack, and move while you are teleporting, additionally doing damage to everything in range of the teleport entrance/exit.

One of my favorite parts of this skill on my devoted lightning warp character was casting it and then running into the middle of as many mobs as I could.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Feb 4, 2012, 10:11:02 PM
Yes bennyr, noticed that too about the distance of travel impacting the delay.

Warp takes far too long for my liking. Falls into the same category as Leap Slam- keep it on hotbar just to avoid using stairs and scaling cliffs. Also, the minimal travel distance is annoying (you can bypass this by targeting the ground near a wall). Tried using a 15% quality Lightning Warp supported with faster casting...no good. The movement speed affecting delay is nonsensical. I've seen Urist's video of his lightning warp ranger- kudos to him- but this skill is far too slow for the characters I've used it with.
Urist, thanks so much for the great info. If I understand you right, you're saying that it "casts" instantly, but doesn't take effect immediately, allowing you to keep doing things before it goes off? I'll mess around with it a little more and see what I can see.
It's not quite an instant cast. It still takes a short time to cast, depending on your cast speed. But you can cast or attack before the teleport takes affect and it won't cancel the teleporting. How much time you'll have depends on how far away you're teleporting and how much run speed you have. If you travel the minimum distance allowed and you have a lot of run speed, you may not have time to do anything.

Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
The cast time is short, but the spell doesn't teleport you immediately when cast, it just sets up a marker at the target location. The delay between casting the spell and the teleport going of is based on how fast it would take you to move there - yes this is intentional, the skill is not intended to let you move more quickly around the map than by walking (except in specific cases like getting around obstacles).

To those having issues where it looks like it's going off but doesn't teleport you - do you notice this more when you're low on mana?
I am almost always at full mana and it can fails. However, I noticed a higher chance of failing if you chain cast it.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
I get a lot of crashes while using this skill, it basically happens in an kind of different situation and on different characters.
Same here, few crashes from this skill.

With that said, I really think that the quality effect for this gem is wrong - faster cast speed really doesn't aid that much. I'd say it should have either increased AoE or faster teleport time or even increased damage.
Some crashes here too, especially when I cast spark after lightning warp but before the teleportation.

I'm wondering what happen if I raise my movement speed after casting this spell. Does it shorten the delay for the teleportation or do I need to raise my movement speed before casting ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info