Infernal Blow

how does %health perform late game? Is it for this purpose?
Because it doesn't really do anything early game, when you expect the AoE could deal with Soul Eater, it can't because of %HP.

A suggestion, because it's a "fire" skill, it could be interesting to ignite enemies, instead of having 0.5s, this mean we could tweak this time with passive skills.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Feb 20, 2012, 1:51:14 AM
What bonus will increase the amount of fire damage from the corpse explosion?

I built a Templar and chose the +100% Elemental Damage Cluster near his starting point. The Phys->Fire Conversion is affected, but I can't see any change in the damage from the corpse explosion.

(I also think that the Elemental Damage % Nodes are insufficiently explained, as I expected they will affect ANY elemental damage, so for example Tempest Shield or any other spells)
The damage of the explosion is increased by elemental damage increases (but not elemental damage with weapons), what's shown on the skill is a percentage of the enemy's maximum life which is used as the base fire damage for the explosion and is increased by all applicable increases.
If it could show the final amount of damage the explosion would deal then you could see it being affected, but it can't do that because the amount varies for each monster.
"
Imrael wrote:
(I also think that the Elemental Damage % Nodes are insufficiently explained, as I expected they will affect ANY elemental damage, so for example Tempest Shield or any other spells)
Passives which just affect "elemental damage" will affect all elemental damage you deal. Passives which affect "weapon elemental damage" or "elemental damage with weapons" or some such will not affect elemental damage from other sources, such as spells, only weapons.
I see
Last edited by Imrael on Feb 26, 2012, 4:01:29 AM
I haven't systematically looked at how effective it is but I just have to mention that this is one of the most fun skills in the game right now. Nothing beats exploding crabs and gorillas. Nice job on this one.
Doubl'd.
Last edited by Aranneas on Feb 26, 2012, 12:52:15 PM
Uh... tripl'd?
Last edited by Aranneas on Feb 26, 2012, 12:59:51 PM
I have no idea what happened here -_-
Last edited by Aranneas on Feb 26, 2012, 1:00:06 PM
"
Aranneas wrote:
I haven't systematically looked at how effective it is but I just have to mention that this is one of the most fun skills in the game right now. Nothing beats exploding crabs and gorillas. Nice job on this one.
I can definitely agree with this. :D

I use it on my 1h + shield duelist right now because it's one of the few skills that works with swords. I do feel that it needs more single target damage, though, because it doesn't compete very well with Cleave in terms of AoE anyway.

And I think there's a bug with it when it comes to quest enemies. When I kill them, they do not explode, which sucks. This so far applied to the guy guarding the Medicine Chest, and two of the bandits.

Also, I think it should be easier to explode enemies with this. Right now, it's very easy to miss the moment, especially if you're also using Viper Strike. If they die due to something else, you don't get the corpse explosion. I would put some debuff on the enemy after they're hit with Infernal Blow, and they would explode if they die under that buff. Otherwise, the skill really loses its effectiveness against enemies with a lot of HP, who are the very enemies I'd prefer to blow up.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info