Infernal Blow

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:53:52 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 10:54:13 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
It is intentional that this can destroy Shield Crabs before they transform.
Hm, I kinda think the AOE needs to be stronger, maybe by a small damage range in addition to the life %.
Lets picture a pack of 10 monkeys aproaching:
I could either swipe them with my weapon or use infernal blow.
I swipe three times and all are dead or
I infernal blow three times and three monkeys are dead and the others are slightly damaged.

Against strong bosses this isnt the go-to attack either, so I kinda dont see where infernal blow is placed.

Against the shield crabs it is awesome though, no spitters :D
"
IRID1UM wrote:

Against strong bosses this isnt the go-to attack either, so I kinda dont see where infernal blow is placed.

The main reason I keep and utilize Infernal Blow is for Physical Reflects. Converting 50% of my weapon damage into something the enemy can't reflect on me is very important, especially when running a Hardcore character.

The other use for this skill is in builds that stack heavy amounts of +Fire Damage and I believe +Spell Damage impacts the Corpse Life AoE splash damage. I myself currently do not possess a build that is centered around such bonuses to take advantage of Infernal Blow, but I imagine a build that does would have a significantly different experience than yours Iridium.
"
xaece wrote:
I believe +Spell Damage impacts the Corpse Life AoE splash damage.
No, that was fixed a few small patches ago
This skill is a pretty good pair with Shield Bash when you're dealing with blue or boss mobs... you can use Shield Bash to quickly whittle down the toughest thing in the crowd, then blow it up to clear the field.

Other than that, I agree that its utility is pretty limited, especially since I can't see how big its radius of effect is.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
+Fire damage passives and ignite chance support+crit chance support makes this skill a beast. With crit alone this skill alone can easily kill whole mob of same monsters because you do over 100% monster hp as fire+burn damage.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Out of curiosity, was this designed as primarily a Templar skill rather than a Marauder skill?
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 6, 2011, 11:52:39 AM
I've got a 50something marauder that uses both this skill and heavy strike. In every situation except physical reflect/reduction, infernal blow does much less damage. I should mention that almost every skill point has been put towards +fire damage, and I have maximal synergies for infernal blow. The explosion effect when killing things is nice, but since the majority of monsters in higher difficulties are resistant to fire (gorillas and skeletons are by far the most common monster) it becomes mostly useless.

Is it intended that IB do so much less damage, or am I just not meant to use it as a primary skill?
I was thinking, what if this skill caused a similar explosion in any enemies killed by an explosion from with it. It's still only 20 of the enemies health, so it wouldn't be too OP, but I think it would lead to some really cool-feeling moments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info