Ice Spear

yeah i realised i couldnt get it all on gear before so i adapted

I found a way to do it though.

Worked out at 94.5% crit chance for ice spear... i cant complain about that.

But thats at lv 93 when my build will be completely finished. :P

Long road to go. Only lv 73 :P .

The base of my build however is down at 80 and then it litterally is just adding more crit chance each level until im there. And it performs quite well right now anyway.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
The transformation is distance-based, not time-based. Faster Projectiles does not have any effect on when it transforms.
There's nothing to change the distance either.

This means the quality bonus just makes the ice spear travel further, right?

Wondering how useful that is since it is already going off-screen.
ign: ZeoZergs
It will make it reach its destination faster, and quite noticably so. Some people have issues hitting stuff at range.
found a small bug, when I equip a wand with crit multiplier the character sheet changes the crit chance to crit multiplier.

Before equip
http://i.imgur.com/Pq5o7yF.jpg

when equiped
http://i.imgur.com/YV2yocF.jpg
(didnt use the /img bracket thingys because the images are huge)

This fixes it self when you change zone but if you remove your wand then it changes again.

This only happens when you got a wand with a multiplier mod on it. (not sure if this is limited to wands but I tried to switch to one without a multiplier mod and it didnt have the same bug.

Its always in the last place you look
It happens with any Crit Multiplier bonus; it's most commonly noticed with the Support gem. They're aware, but it's a very low priority thing :)
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It happens with any Crit Multiplier bonus; it's most commonly noticed with the Support gem. They're aware, but it's a very low priority thing :)

Thats only what I wanted, them to be aware. I dont really care if it gets fixed just wanted to make sure they knew about it.
Its always in the last place you look
Does anyone know the in game distance at which Ice Spear transforms? Thinking about a build, and this is an intergral part of making it work.
1)ice spear + chain?
ice spear chain two times and when its done chaining,will it transfer to second form for the last hit? or second form of ice spear will only be transform when it travel enough distance?

2)ice spear + elemental proliferation + increase area of effect?
ice spear is not an aoe skill ; will elemental proliferation (support gem) get affect by increase area of effect(also support gem) or passive amplify and blast radius?

3)what is the best gem combination damage(duration) vs critical chances?
GMP/LMP + chain/fork + quality added cold damage + elemental proliferation + increase area of effect + increase critical strike + increase critical multiplier + faster casting?
6 link combination?
5 link combination?
4 link combination?

TL:DR :how can i freeze the whole screen with ice spear?
IGN : Yolotemppa
As Far as i testet it, Ice Spear Chains only in Second form. And Yes, you dont see Additional Projectiles but Monsters die from "magic" caused from the Chained Spears. And if You Crit, the Chained Projectiles Crit too. That you dont see the Chained Projectiles may be caused by the fact that the second form dont pierce. I think its a bug?

Ice Spear with so many Supports costs ridicously much mana, reaching about ~200 mana per casts is only sustainable with bloodmagic. I cleared my 1k mana pool with 100mp/s within 2 or 3 seconds

cheers
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

After further thought I think the damage is fine and increasing the base damage might lead to critical strikes hitting too hard.

The base mana cost may be too high. At low levels it's very troublesome using support gems. Each cast is using a third of my available mana, with Clarity being the only thing reserving it. I am using mana flasks as soon as the effect expires and I wouldn't be able to continue the game at a normal pace if I wasn't lucky enough to get a few Surgeon's flasks. I will post a detailed explanation tomorrow when I'm less tired.
Last edited by Cosmusik on May 2, 2013, 1:58:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info