Firestorm

How does Firestormdamage increase with +Spell Damage % or + Elemental Damage % because it seems to change nothing at all^^. ? Would be great if some one could explain it to me.
Last edited by Proteozym on Jan 30, 2013, 2:27:16 PM
It works fine, but because the base damage is so incredibly low, you need a fairly good chunk of Spell Damage/etc. to notice a difference.
Allright just as I thought^^.
Right now I've got a pretty low lvl Wand but with + 1 lvl of fire gems... I guess I have to keep that one for some time ^^
Last edited by Proteozym on Jan 30, 2013, 3:15:29 PM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

Is there a problem with your build if you use less 'AOE increase' passives?
You could use those points otherwise.

I already don't use any of them. I don't want to spread out the damage even further. The total radius and the radius of each fireball both increase, but after a certain point you are hitting each enemy only 1 or 2 times. Since each fireball is so weak, this makes the skill overall very weak as well.

In my experience so far, it's only effective with increased duration and spammed in the same area, or with concentrated AOE effect. It's not really worth using without those supports. Which is a shame, cause I used to love it, and modding it with different damage type supports to spread elemental effects. Basically I can't justify using it until Merciless now because the supports required are higher level. Being able to spec into just the right amount of AOE passives to get the coverage area you wanted (small aoe to devastate large-hitbox targets, large aoe to devastate groups, etc) was also a nice touch that's now gone.

It's still an ok spell, but ok doesn't cut it compared to things like Ice Spear or Freezing Pulse.
either you get no AoE increases and con effect, or all AoE increases so each bolt actually hits much larger area compared to the overall radius of where the bolts would land. i showed example of radios a few pages back. its not that bad, just kinda slow in begining of game, DO try to find +1 level gems for it.
Does anyone have a DPS spread sheet for Firestorm so I can figure out exactly what my DPS is? I can't even see a tooltip DPS difference between my 15% quality firestorm and my non-quality firestorm.
game will only count for one bolt for dps still i think, so even though quality has large effect (although changes only a tiny bit, the delay of the bolt landings).

you'll have to divide the duration by the intervals (then i guess casts per second). everything else is available to you or done by the game.
So does added lightning damage add 20% of the "listed damage" for each bolt?

I am testing it with spell totem + concentrated effect. Had fire penetration, but will swap that for lightning damage gladly if that can SHOCK enemies? Might even swap the concentrated effect for added cold damage, so it could freeze as well.

Would be useful tool. Bought 17% firestorm, you see. :)

Tossing increased duration on it it's largely pointless, but I like the concentrated effect a great deal. It tightens the pack, increasing point damage.
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28
increased duration is not pointless, specially via quality firestorm (i suggest making it 20% btw) quality makes more bolts happen but status effects such as shock (and chill and freeze) may or may not get much use due to the damage modifier limiting damage caused. not enough damage = no status from those two elements.
Especially Added Cold is just never going to Freeze anything. It adds a frankly piddly amount of damage. Added Lightning... Eh. Not that big a chance either; not on targets where it matters anyways.
Firestorm is pretty crap for status ailments in general.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 4, 2013, 2:39:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info