Explosive Arrow

The patch notes are talking about raw Damage. Hit rate is completely irrelevant.
What is relevant however, is that there are far more sources of Increased Damage for Flameblast when compared to Explosive Arrow. Access to Spell Damage and not being tied to a Bow granting +0% Increased Damage is pretty big.
HI ,
when i use Explosive Arrow ,
and use Herald Of Ice/Herald of Thunder + Curse On Hit + Any Curse ,
it does not work。

Explosive Arrow is attack Right 。(Flame, attack, range, duration, Bow)
don't understand why don't work 。(✘﹏✘ა)
Probably been answered but sifting through 50+ pages takes awhile. Is the 5 stacks global or on a single enemy? I use a quiver with +1 arrow and if they hit a pack will it stack up to 5 charges on the two separate enemies? Creating 2 5charge explosions?
"
d_pelton wrote:
Probably been answered but sifting through 50+ pages takes awhile. Is the 5 stacks global or on a single enemy? I use a quiver with +1 arrow and if they hit a pack will it stack up to 5 charges on the two separate enemies? Creating 2 5charge explosions?
each foe has thier own counter.
The whole EA mechanics is so weird imo. Fast stacking fuses on multiple targets (quill rain + add arrow quiver) with huge aoe (aoe gem + carcass + tree) allow you to wipe out whole screen of mobs in less then 2 sec. But as single target EA is a piece of crap.

EA lv27 - 1143-1714 base dmg per fuse
300%-400% increased dmg from all sources
70% more dmg from concentrated effect
=

49k - 73k dmg per explosion

Let's say 1.5 sec for stack 5 fuses and 1 sec delay gives 1 explosion per 2.5 sec and that gives 24k single target dps. Note that this requires +3 gems bow with perfect aps, lv3 empower and lv21 EA gem.

Burning could almost double the dmg but it's useless on Atziri.
Does Explosiv arrow effecktet by skill crit chance ?
"
toffi12 wrote:

What does mean skill crit? Spell crit? Spell crit nodes dont affect EA.
"
toffi12 wrote:

It is affected by "general" crit chance/multiplier, not spell-specific one. Attack crit chance/multiplier will aply to base hit, but not to the explosion.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 28, 2015, 3:00:43 PM
I observed something strange:

In my character sheet, Explosive Arrow is listed with 6% crit chance. I do have the Trickery Node allocated (+20% inc. global crit). So I assumed it was not affected by any increase to critical chance.
But then I linked the Increased Critical Strikes support gem and the crit chance in the character sheet rose to a little bit more than 12% - which would be the correct value for a 5% base crit chance.

That 5% could be coming from my bow (Quill Rain). But it doesn't make sense for it to be used here...

Was that somewhat clearly written? Can I improve on something? Please let me know. :)

E: So I found an amulet with 21% inc. crit chance. When equipping it, my crit chance on Explosive Arrow (as per character sheet) rises to 7.05%. Which is exactly the same as for Rain of Arrows: also 7.05%. (5% base crit from Quill Rain plus 20%+21%=41% increased crit chance)
So we can see that at least the display of Explosive Arrow's crit chance is not correct.
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Jul 12, 2015, 6:49:17 PM
All attack damage always gets the base crit chance from the weapon; they cannot use a basecrit chance from a gem. This is why most attack gems do not have a base crit chance. Explosive arrow also does non-attack damage hits for the explosion, so it provides a base crit chance on the gem for those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info