Explosive Arrow

Text decription explicitly states that only kills with an Attack will Ignite nearby enemies. Explosive Arrow's explosion is not an Attack, it's Secondary Damage.
I'm currently leveling an EA build and I wonder what happens if after stacking 5 EA charges, I switch to my second set of weapon (let's say dual doryani's catalyst), will I get + 200% ele damage for the explosion?
Another similar question is what happens if I shot the first charge with a +1/+2 bow then switch to a quill rain for the 4 remaining charges?

Thanks for any feedback
"
Porcoflic wrote:
I'm currently leveling an EA build and I wonder what happens if after stacking 5 EA charges, I switch to my second set of weapon (let's say dual doryani's catalyst), will I get + 200% ele damage for the explosion?
Another similar question is what happens if I shot the first charge with a +1/+2 bow then switch to a quill rain for the 4 remaining charges?

Thanks for any feedback

All of EAs properties are determined by the first arrow. Switching wont increase damage but the 2nd scenario works fine. You can switch and update your burning damage in real time though. I used to do it on release with searing touch and I'm assuming it still works.
Thanks for your answer Shinsoo, I will try the searing touch trick (even better with 2 catalysts) to see if the burning boost is worth the time to switch.
a
Last edited by internetTOUGHGUY123 on Oct 10, 2014, 5:24:42 AM
Anyone know the interaction between Explosive Arrow and bow crit chance?

I know it causes the initial hit to crit, but what about the explosion?
http://www.youtube.com/user/P0W3RH4U5
EA has a fixed Crit change of 6%, to be modified by non-weapon specific crit nodes and equipment bonuses.
I don't think it overrides the bow crit, but I also don't think it is overridden.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Im running into a problem with the arrows simply not exploding at all. I ran ranged attack totem with a quill rain and explosive arrow. Let the totems fire at hillock and the totems would stack arrows until they expired but hillock never took damage past the initial hits.

Is there a max number of arrows that can trigger?

If not, would it be possible to set a max duration that would set a max number off at once to prevent what appears to be overload?
Each new hit resets the timer.
If the totems keep firing, nothing happens.
Unless you mean the totems expire.
In that case, the charges should definitely explode.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
So help me out here. According to the patch notes:

"
Flameblast is still the most effective way to apply burst fire damage.

Is this actually true?

By my calculations, Explosive Arrow at 5 stacks deals nearly as much fire damage as 10 stacks of Flameblast PLUS you have the benefit of using your attack speed instead of your cast speed. I suppose the major benefit of Flameblast over Explosive Arrow is the ability to use actual caster items in place of a bow and quiver (which won't tend to do much if anything for explosive arrow's damage) but does that really balance out the MASSIVE attack speed vs cast speed advantage of explosive arrow?

I haven't played much with either skill, so maybe there's some critical factor I'm not seeing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info