Explosive Arrow

52 lvl atm templar here, softcore(cuz i first time play this class).
So..explosive arrow works very good on templar! Used only this spell to get my lvl.
-easy and really fast exp
-safe exp, cuz u can run and just use this spell to 5 stacks into mobs

But before it will work good u need few things:
All you need is:
1. Quill of Rain - unique bow - 1 gcp
2. Explosive Arrow - green gem - 1 alchemy
3. Lesser Multiple Projectiles - green support gem -2 chaos

Im using atm explosive arrow gem + LMP + Combination Effects(better aoe) and Reduced mana (but gonna switch to mana leech after lvl up this gem cuz it works good).

You can use Accuracy rating or Fire penetration also with EA(gonna use these both later when i get my mana from EB)

Two spells i also use is Decoy totem + bear traps mostly for bosses
-bear traps deals 2,5k, and i have 2 gems of these, so i can i can use 6 bear traps.
Also going for extra 1 trap so i will have 14 traps!

And this is how i play, exp and farm with explosive arrow, lure mobs(use totem when u need) and aoe them all. Remember and try to stack 5 charges of explosive arrow

I have nice survivability with my hp nodes, armor, nice mana + mana regen ( i dont have to even use mana pots lol), nodes of fire dmg to increase dmg of my explosive arrow.

Got 1000 armor, 2000 hp atm

My passives(at end)- im in half way:

My gear:
Spoiler

This build i took from some really helpful player:
http://pl.twitch.tv/rg_panko

And as u can see its not that bad!

PS. U need to lvl up ur templar to 19 and then use explosive arrow with that bow. I used 2h mace before 19lvl and ground slam + heavy strike
Last edited by Sebash6 on Feb 20, 2013, 10:20:35 PM
thought about making a EA build, but seeing that a 5link would cost 170+ mana at high level, i don't see how this would be a viable build at all.

the skill has a plethora of disadvantages as it is, lower the mana cost across the board by 50% or atleast severely reduce it at high levels. better yet, swap mana cost with lightning arrow, since it is quite obv that is the most op skill in the game!

in every aspect of being higher level and higher end gear this skill falls off, hard.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Feb 20, 2013, 8:10:40 PM
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
thought about making a EA build, but seeing that a 5link would cost 170+ mana at high level, i don't see how this would be a viable build at all.

the skill has a plethora of disadvantages as it is, lower the mana cost across the board by 50% or atleast severely reduce it at high levels. better yet, swap mana cost with lightning arrow, since it is quite obv that is the most op skill in the game!

in every aspect of being higher level and higher end gear this skill falls off, hard.

The build works fine if you use blood magic. Otherwise you have to overcompensate too much for mana in my opinion on 5L+. I use this.

My build uses EB and mana, but I don't use GMP or LMP, it's built around chance to ignite and proliferation, which is a lot cheaper mana wise I think.
u two all sux.
Faster attacks on quin bow with 100% as? u dont need more faster attacks on EA!
No Lmp?
GMP? real? read the skill info u will not deal the real dmg if the bonus radius(1 fire shot) are not near, 5 landed arrows are stack! if u have 500 dmg in ur 18lvl EA the 5 arrows will deal 5x 500=2500 dmg!

As i said i play with this build, i have a lot of mana regen 60 mana per sec, without even nodes in witch for more mana regen and i still can use this skill per 0.5 sec with reduced mana supported EA. My EA use60 mana btw.

I suggest u all visit the Panko stream (its not me) or just at least change ur gems and ur build(because it must be bad)
i share a link to his stream and in the description u will find what u need
He tested it to 70lvl and it works!

And i forgot to say this build its not gear dependent, ofc Lighting arrow is maybe better but u really need very good gear to make it works. I play with this build to learn game and get currency for another character. :)
Last edited by Sebash6 on Feb 21, 2013, 9:10:18 AM
"
Shinsoo wrote:
"
ultrahiangle wrote:

The build works fine if you use blood magic. Otherwise you have to overcompensate too much for mana in my opinion on 5L+. I use this.

if u had increased aoe + concentrated aoe ur dmg would be way higher.

i guess it wouldn't be too bad with blood magic with 250+ hp/second. since it would take about 2 seconds to get 5 stacks witch is about 800 hp. than during the 1 second down time you would make up for the hp difference. (i planned on blood magic in the first place but didn't really think about it that much)

hmm.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Feb 20, 2013, 11:08:30 PM
"
Faster attacks on quin bow with 100% as? u dont need more faster attacks on EA!

No such thing as don't need more AS. There are many gems I can use as the 5th, noteably chance to ignite, AoE, conc effect. After testing all of them, I prefer FA.

"
No Lmp?
GMP? real? read the skill info u will not deal the real dmg if the bonus radius(1 fire shot) are not near, 5 landed arrows are stacks! if u have 500 dmg in ur 18lvl EA the 5 arrows will deal 5x 500=2000 dmg!

GMP does around 25% more damage than LMP if it hits 5 targets. If it hits 3 targets it does about 40% less damage. My damage is so high that I don't need concentrated damage for level 66-73ish maps. I use GMP to ensure I kill the entire screen quickly. I have level 18 LMP as well for 74+ maps where I can actually get some use out of concentrated damage.

"
I suggest u all visit the Panko stream (its not me) or just at least change ur gems and ur build(because it must be bad)
i share a link to his stream and there is description and it will really helps u
He tested it to 70lvl and it works!

He tested it to level 70, therefore it works and is the best? I'm level 81 using EA since 19, my build must be God.

"

i guess it wouldn't be too bad with blood magic with 250+ hp/second. since it would take about 2 seconds to get 5 stacks witch is about 800 hp. than during the 1 second down time you would make up for the hp difference. (i planned on blood magic in the first place but didn't really think about it that much)

hmm.

There's no room for 2 gems. I will most likely remove FA for AoE+Conc on 6L. Life leech can't be removed with my build and removing pen for conc/aoe would be a net dps loss.
Last edited by Shinsoo on Feb 20, 2013, 11:19:57 PM
"
Shinsoo wrote:
"

hmm.

There's no room for 2 gems. I will most likely remove FA for AoE+Conc on 6L. Life leech can't be removed with my build and removing pen for conc/aoe would be a net dps loss.

ya makes sense.

do you have AoE passives?
ign = ultrahiangle
"
ultrahiangle wrote:
"
Shinsoo wrote:
"

hmm.

ya makes sense.

do you have AoE passives?

Yes.I'll link my tree. I'm a witch because it costs 3 or 4 skill points to not play as an old or burly man respectively. In retrospect, probably not worth it lol. I'm removing the 4 points at the bottom and heading for the 9 life nodes to the right of marauder start soon™.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEDxgQHBLMGDgn2DjwUIBRNFHEWbxkuGYUaOBpsHwIkqiWtJ-0pTyqNLJwyCTKJNsU22DbpOlI8BT1fQapG10kbUEdQUFJTVElVxlYEV-JYY1nzXz9hUmP9cql35XrmfNmCm4M4hmCHZYuMjM-Ovo9GkFWSwZeFl5WX9JwtnYCdrp_fogCnCKcwp4Ssqq-3ud3AGsbYz2XQ0NR81I_YJNrd3QXfsN-_4XPjauQi51Lnauw47FXtIO8O73zwH_Fs8i_z3fZI9zL46w==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info