Explosive Arrow

"
Mizzajl wrote:
Can you share any info about what the Base Radius before any fuses are? :)
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Will the Crit Multiplier from Deaths Harp apply to the fuses, or, well, not?
Death's Harp has local critical strike multiplier, meaning it only applies to that weapon. The fuses' explosions are not weapon damage, so will not be affected
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Also, will Point Blank affect it? I suppose it does not, it's no attack, but I'm not sure. What about Chin Sol?
Point Blank and Chin Sol both apply to projectile weapon damage, which the fuses' explosions are not (they're projectile, non-weapon damage).
This skills smothered in misunderstandings isn't it.

Well then, I want to fire a few questions at you.

Question 1 : What happens when one attack was a crit when multiple charges are planted
Question B : When I use an "Added X Damage" Support, which portions of the attack inherit the damage?
Question Γ : Supposing I had elemental equilibrium and did lightning/cold damage when the arrow made contact, would the explosion deal bonus damage?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Dec 5, 2012, 9:35:01 AM
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Question 1 : What happens when one attack was a crit when multiple charges are planted
The first arrow is the one that causes the explosion, the others just add to it. So if the first one was a crit, the explosion will be as well.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Question B : When I use an "Added X Damage" Support, which portions of the attack inherit the damage?
All of them.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Question Γ : Supposing I had elemental equilibrium and did lightning/cold damage when the arrow made contact, would the explosion deal bonus damage?
Yes, assuming it explodes within the 5 second duration of EE.
Some questions regarding Explosive Arrow.

Does Concentrated Effect, affect explosion damage?

Iron Grip only affects the projectile damage?

Does a Chain hit reset the Fuse Timer?

Are there ways to reduce the fuse timer duration?

Do add x% damage also apply to the initial hit and the explosion unless it says otherwise like Spell, Projectile and Melee damage?

What happens if you stack different explosive arrows on a target.
Will only the effects from the first arrow trigger or all.

Let's say you fire 1 explosive Arrow with Icreased Critical Strike chance and Increased Critical strikes.
The other 4 arrows are linked to chance to ignite, elemental profilation and Increased AoE.

So does only the first effect trigger or do all effects trigger as if you had a 6 linked item?

"
Hilbert wrote:
Does Concentrated Effect, affect explosion damage?
Yes. It's area damage.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Yes. Note that both the arrow hit and the explosion are projectile damage.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Does a Chain hit reset the Fuse Timer?
No. Fuses work like charges - applying another one resets the time. Chaining does not stick the arrow into the target, so is not applying the explosive fuse (which is the arrow).

"
Hilbert wrote:
Are there ways to reduce the fuse timer duration?
Not currently.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Do add x% damage also apply to the initial hit and the explosion unless it says otherwise like Spell, Projectile and Melee damage?
Yes, with the exception of added damage on gear, which is always implicitly only for attacks.

"
Hilbert wrote:
What happens if you stack different explosive arrows on a target.
Will only the effects from the first arrow trigger or all.

Let's say you fire 1 explosive Arrow with Icreased Critical Strike chance and Increased Critical strikes.
The other 4 arrows are linked to chance to ignite, elemental profilation and Increased AoE.

So does only the first effect trigger or do all effects trigger as if you had a 6 linked item?
The first arrow put him in the state of 'going to explode' and will be the one which causes the explosion. Any other fuses applied will just add to the fuse count and extend the duration.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 6, 2012, 10:31:29 PM
Ok last question, the only way to increase the explosion damage via nodes are the % fire damage nodes.

Or do Physical damage nodes affect the explosion damage since both phases are projectiles?
Last edited by Hilbert on Dec 7, 2012, 4:30:55 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Also, will Point Blank affect it? I suppose it does not, it's no attack, but I'm not sure. What about Chin Sol?
Point Blank and Chin Sol both apply to projectile weapon damage, which the fuses' explosions are not (they're projectile, non-weapon damage).

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Yes. Note that both the arrow hit and the explosion are projectile damage.

In the first one you say that Point Blank won't affect the explosion, because it isn't Projectile weapon damage.

In the second one, are you saying that Iron Grip will affect the explosion? Because both Iron Grip and Point Blank just use the words "Projectile Attacks", neither mentions a weapon.
Maybe The Explosion isn't technically a weapon attack?
Which raises an interesting point; will EA work with Life on Hit?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Maybe The Explosion isn't technically a weapon attack?
Which raises an interesting point; will EA work with Life on Hit?

the arrow part triggers life on hit. think the question is will the explosion part trigger life gain on hit too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info