Explosive Arrow

"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Is it a bug/todo that the hover text "Explosion deals X-Y base fire damage per fuse charge" is not in any way changed by Projectile Damage modifiers (e.g. adding a LMP support gem doesn't change the value)?
No. That specifically says that's the base damage. The damage dealt is affected by all relevant modifiers.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Is it a bug/todo that the hover text "Explosion deals X-Y base fire damage per fuse charge" is not in any way changed by Projectile Damage modifiers (e.g. adding a LMP support gem doesn't change the value)?
No. That specifically says that's the base damage. The damage dealt is affected by all relevant modifiers.

So, please give me confirmation on this because I'm a little confused:

Will using Quill Rain halve the damage of the explosion?

Thanks.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ptt_frmr wrote:

Ok, thanks for the reply. I think the text is a little confusing because all (?) other skills display their actual damage on the skill hover text and their base damage on the skillgem item hover text. Is there anywhere where it is possible to see the actual damage of the explosion (per fuse), so that one may estimate the effect of investing into projectile damage passives (and the penalty of using LMP/GMP)?

Another question: does the Fire Penetration support gem work with the explosion? I have done some testing with fire resistant mobs, but it is really difficult to tell for sure.
Last edited by ptt_frmr on Nov 26, 2012, 5:10:19 PM
"
Falcord wrote:
Will using Quill Rain halve the damage of the explosion?
No, because the explosion is not weapon damage. See this thread for details.

"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Ok, thanks for the reply. I think the text is a little confusing because all (?) other skills display their actual damage on the skill hover text
No. Every skill that adds base damage based on something calculated at the time of that damage (such as number of fuse charges) displays how much base damage is added. The full damage cannot be calculated because the base is unknown.
Assuming we don't end up with modifiers that would affect it differently, we may eventually be able to display an estimate of how much the final damage will change for each charge, but what the charges are fundamentally doing is adding base damage.

"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Another question: does the Fire Penetration support gem work with the explosion? I have done some testing with fire resistant mobs, but it is really difficult to tell for sure.
Yes.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Is there a maximum amount of fuse charges that can be applied to a single target? UristMcDwarfy said 5 was the maximum, but there wasn't any confirmation that this was true, and it doesn't say there is a maximum anywhere in the skill description.
Five is correct.
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Does the Concentrated Effect Support Gem affect the damage of the explosion?
Yes
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Will the Mana Leech and Life Leech Support Gems provide mana and life for the explosion damage, or only for the initial hit of the arrow?
Both

5 Charges max per target makes me sad :(
i think there should be no max number of fuse charges or that when you try to apply a sixth fuse that the fuses should detonate.

also the description of this skill is a little weird:
Unavailable

"The AoE Radius is propotional to the number of arrows upon death"
is it only when the target dies that the radius is increased or will the radius increase even if the fuses run out of time and explodes?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
5 Charges max per target makes me sad :(
i think there should be no max number of fuse charges or that when you try to apply a sixth fuse that the fuses should detonate.

or atleast make it so that when an target has 5 charges from me, when i try to apply additional charges that the duration is not refreshed on the current fuses.

for example quill rain bow with explosive arrow will quickly gain max charges and as long as i keep firing the same target they will not explode untill the target is dead.
think a compromise is for each fuse to have its own timer and not refreshed when extras are applied. that'll be less massive one shots but also less canceling out extras. AoE might need adjusting for this change to be balanced.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
is it only when the target dies that the radius is increased or will the radius increase even if the fuses run out of time and explodes?
It's referring to the additional base radius per fuse charge that the skill gives. This applys to each explosion, not only when the target dies, I'l edit the description.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
It's referring to the additional base radius per fuse charge that the skill gives. This applys to each explosion, not only when the target dies, I'l edit the description.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Can you share any info about what the Base Radius before any fuses are? :)
Recently been trying a Crit build with Deaths Harp, as some other other players did already in a similar way, and it's so batshit OP I grew bored.
So I thought about trying EA;

Will the Crit Multiplier from Deaths Harp apply to the fuses, or, well, not?
Also, will Point Blank affect it? I suppose it does not, it's no attack, but I'm not sure. What about Chin Sol?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info