Elemental Hit

"
blinddagger95 wrote:
Elemental hit would sell well in the alternate skill effects store I'm quite sure.

it should still be different then the split arrow visually even before you buy yourself some fancy lightingeffects =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
I like this skill very much, abusing the heck out of it on my newest character.

What I'm missing though, is the DPS calculations. I have to spreadsheet everything :(
If I can calculate the average DPS of using this skill, I'm sure you can too! :)

It's probably a pain to program because it behaves differently than any other skill (an average of 3 possible outcomes, each with possibly different modifiers) but it'd be really appreciated.
Trade for the skill recently and was going to make a Quill Rain Shadow EH but apparently it halves the damage because it's considered a projectile. So Wand Templar seems to be a the next obvious choice, but why would I chose EH when I can use Power Siphon and do for example Kripps wand build (Sure a little uncreative on my part but it's very viable)?
IGN: Snizzlenose
(or Leithir, Krathia)
"
Trade for the skill recently and was going to make a Quill Rain Shadow EH but apparently it halves the damage because it's considered a projectile. So Wand Templar seems to be a the next obvious choice, but why would I chose EH when I can use Power Siphon and do for example Kripps wand build (Sure a little uncreative on my part but it's very viable)?

Does the 1/2 damage Quill Rain passive definitely effect Elemental Hit?

That sucks, I was planning a similar build but now I'm much less excited about it
you'd be attacking so fast it would still be helpful.
Yeah, I agree, but I want to have a semi-accurate understanding of what my DPS is since I have to calculate it myself.

Quill Rain seems to shine with abilities that scale independently of weapon physical damage and the only ones I can think of are Elemental hit and Exploding Arrow
Quill Rain will work quite well for a while, but is eventually weaker than a random high-speed bow with Elemental Damage. The slower bow also consumes half the Mana.
Quill Rain however benefits a lot more from Crit Chance and On-Hit effects such as Knockback or Blind.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Quill Rain however benefits a lot more from Crit Chance and On-Hit effects such as Knockback or Blind.

how would this work though? let's say I use chain and knockback on hit. How does it push them? in the direction the arrow was traveling or the direction the bow was originally fired? ':/
So many build ideas... no time....
Knockback always moves the target away from the original source, ie. the player character. You can 'pull' monsters if you hit them from behind :P
Silly question:

Since this skill is tagged as Fire/Cold/Lighting, does that mean that the following weapon could *potentially* exist and boost this skill to lvl 26?

+2 Cold Gems
+2 Fire Gems
+2 Lighting Gems

Has anyone tried this? I did a quick browse through this thread and couldn't see anything that stuck out.
Hadst thou established thine humble abode 'neath a boulder?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info