Elemental Hit

As a 2h Marauder built that typically use LoH/Sweep/Double Attack etc, does Elemental Hit benefit me much?

Or should I look to trade it or keep it?
In Melee, it is (almost) exclusively a single-target attack. Heavy Strike and Double Strike are better at it.
You can get AoE out of it with Elemental Proliferation and Crits, but... Yeah. No.

It's an excellent skill for ranged attackers though; I loved my Elemental Hit wander :P
EH is not weapon dependent right? As in, the physical damage doesn't affect the added elemental damage? I could make a build with say a beginner wand without problem yes? Also, does the weapon elemental damage passive increase EH damage?
its not weapon specific but it requires a weapon to use. so answer is yes for that.
damage listed is damage done, physical isn't changed.
elemental, weapon elemental, and the three elements all boost this gem.
So the +Quality to this gem adds 4% crit, right? so a 20 Quality would have 80% crit. So what does that mean? Does the ability have an 80% chance to crit, or does the ability increase your weapons chance to crit by 80%?
the later, +80% chance to crit is a multiplier to your base crit which is listed on your weapon.
example 5 *(1 +0.8) = 9
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 10, 2013, 7:42:28 PM
I'd really love to have Elemental Hit for my Shadow build here:

I was initially going pure lightning melee, but added fire and frost walker for the resistances, and they also boost fire + cold damage too.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Where is the visual effect for elemental hit? I love the skill, but it looks the same as basic attack, which imo is lacking interest/appeal. I will continue to use EH, and very much hope it gets a cosmetic overhaul!
"
beefnuggy wrote:
Where is the visual effect for elemental hit? I love the skill, but it looks the same as basic attack, which imo is lacking interest/appeal. I will continue to use EH, and very much hope it gets a cosmetic overhaul!

This.

Elemental Hit is very plain... For a Element based attack.

I really hope it will be getting different look to it eventually.

I do have to say that the skill gem itself looks wonderful though!
I agree, this is one of the skills that needs the most attention in terms of visual. It could be so much cooler (like lightning fire and ice spinning around the arrow) or just show the element of the attack that it rolled. Still I really think this needs a clear graphical difference from a normal attack because of two reasons, its fairly rare, and its very powerful.
One post a day, keeps the Death away

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info