Elemental Hit

"
Autocthon wrote:
Any chance we could get a change to this so that it never uses the same element twice in a row? It would make it a (more) interesting choice to use with Elemental Equilibrium, without drastically affecting its power level.

there's a problem with that, if your stil dealing elemental damage from other sources(for example a ring with 10-16 fire damage) u will ALWAYS lower that resistance och raise the others.. beneficial? no.. i think not =)

That node is meant for those that use something like cold snap, then lightningspam something to death.. =)
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
Any chance we could get a change to this so that it never uses the same element twice in a row? It would make it a (more) interesting choice to use with Elemental Equilibrium, without drastically affecting its power level.

there's a problem with that, if your stil dealing elemental damage from other sources(for example a ring with 10-16 fire damage) u will ALWAYS lower that resistance och raise the others.. beneficial? no.. i think not =)

That node is meant for those that use something like cold snap, then lightningspam something to death.. =)
Not really for this thread but actually dual wielders can take massive advantage of EE by using a different element in each hand and forgoing added elemental damage rings and auras. Spellcasters make most straightforward EE sense but they're not the only ones, EH is great with EE for adding massive elemental damage on an otherwise physical build.

With a potential +200% more elemental damage it's going to be worth it. EHit follows the same principle, making a "pure physical" elemental hit build with a single weapon would be interesting and potentially viable.

Basically I'm just asking to make those players who make the effort to do an EE EH build get a little more out of it without substantially effecting a typical EHit build.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
alfaPOWA wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

Not really for this thread but actually dual wielders can take massive advantage of EE by using a different element in each hand and forgoing added elemental damage rings and auras. Spellcasters make most straightforward EE sense but they're not the only ones, EH is great with EE for adding massive elemental damage on an otherwise physical build.

With a potential +200% more elemental damage it's going to be worth it. EHit follows the same principle, making a "pure physical" elemental hit build with a single weapon would be interesting and potentially viable.

Basically I'm just asking to make those players who make the effort to do an EE EH build get a little more out of it without substantially effecting a typical EHit build.

I'm working on a crit heavy build and recently found out that this skill adds quite a bit of crit chance per quality level. Right now the only +damage nodes I've taken are +physical damage nodes. Does this skill add the elemental damage on top of the physical damage I do, or does it entirely replace it? If it adds it on top, this might have to be my go to skill.
The skill description explicitly mentions it adds damage. :)
Sometimes I over look the smallest things, thanks!
Q1. If I'm using this skill with a wand/bow, will the added elemental dmg portion of the skill get increased/penalized by projectile damage modifiers?

Q2. If I use anger/wrath or + elemental dmg on gear, will it also benefit the elemental portion of the skill or only the weapon's projectile?

Examples:

Q1.
I have a wand that deals 100 physical dmg and my elemental hit deals + 200 dmg (any element).
If I have 50% less projectile damage will my damage be:

1. 100/2 + 200 elemental dmg

OR

2. (100 + 200)/2

Q2.
I have a wand that deals 100 physical dmg and my elemental hit deals + 200 dmg (any element).
I use anger aura which adds 50 fire damage to attacks.

Will my final damage be:

1. 100 physical + 50 fire damage + 200 elemental dmg.

OR

2. 100 physical + 50 fire damage + (200 elemental + 50 fire) dmg.
All damage dealt with a Projectile skill is Projectile Damage.
Elemental Hit adds damage once. Nothing more, nothing less.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 30, 2013, 7:06:46 AM
Question 1: Does quill rain uniquoe bow reduce dmg that elemental hit adds?
Question 2: Doest weapon elemental damage gem increase that damage?
@Veeezka - Rampage league
Quill Rain reduces all Weapon damage. Elemental Hit deals damage using your weapon; it's an Attack.

Elemental Hit, weapon, etc.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 31, 2013, 8:35:44 AM
Having trouble coming up with a way to sustain this without Blood Magic. Wanted to use Ele Prolif + Weapon Elemental + Crit Damage + Life Leech. Even with Arcane Efficiency the mps would be 400-500. Base cost just seems too high compared to other skills like LA or Power Siphon.
Last edited by Kabushiki on Mar 31, 2013, 6:50:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info