Dual Strike

Finally, some dual wielding love. Nice to know Mark, Thanks.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
The dual wield displays have been fixed in 12m/12n, haven't they? I now read 6300 dps for my aura-buffed dual strike, Which is twice what i had before.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Given that on my dualwield, it shows nearly double my standard attack, I would be puzzled if that was only half the damage.
Does it actually remove the dualwield speed bonus?
I figure if one attacks with both weapons at once, it doesn't make any logical sense.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
fine as i see
one of the more awesome abilities!
"
kornelis666 wrote:
fine as i see
one of the more awesome abilities!

This. No complaints about its effectiveness in combat.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
If i have the increased weapon elemental damage mod (such as the "empowering"-prefix) on my other weapon, is that %-increase applied to "both" strikes of dual strike or only specifically to damage done with that weapon?

In other words: is the "increased weapon elemental damage" mod local or global?

Edit: Got the answer in mechanics thread. It is global, because it´s the same mod that is on rings and amulets and belts.
IGN: N_Bohr
Last edited by Ola on Jan 27, 2013, 9:22:06 AM
Since OB I've been getting a lot of desync when using this skill.

In CB I replaced my default left click attack with this skill, so that it was impossible to whiff through the open air on misclick. Doing the same in OB, but the desyncs cause a lot of whiffs now.

I assume it's due to server load. Oh well.

"
Daemonjax wrote:
In CB I replaced my default left click attack with this skill, so that it was impossible to whiff through the open air on misclick.
This sounds like you might be misunderstanding something. If you use the Dual Strike skill then it's very possible to swing at the air and not hit monsters, if you don't target any monsters and there aren't any right in front of you - replacing the default attack with dual strike makes the possible, not impossible - the default attack will just issue a move order instead if you don't target a monster, but a dual strike is always a dual strike, and if you click on the ground, you target a dual strike on that location and will swing at it regardless of whether there are monsters.
That's weird, I'm fairly certain that's not how it works.
I put all my single target skills on LMB because they issue move commands if I misclick (happens a lot due to lag/poor FPS) instead of casting it on air and wasting mana.
Hell, it's the first thing I do after equipping my first gem on every character.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Daemonjax wrote:
In CB I replaced my default left click attack with this skill, so that it was impossible to whiff through the open air on misclick.
This sounds like you might be misunderstanding something. If you use the Dual Strike skill then it's very possible to swing at the air and not hit monsters, if you don't target any monsters and there aren't any right in front of you - replacing the default attack with dual strike makes the possible, not impossible - the default attack will just issue a move order instead if you don't target a monster, but a dual strike is always a dual strike, and if you click on the ground, you target a dual strike on that location and will swing at it regardless of whether there are monsters.
That's definitely not how it works when assigned to left mouse button.

If you put dual strike on LMB, it acts as a move command on open ground, or a move-then-attack command on a target. If you hold down your stand-attack modifier and LMB, it will wiff in the direction of your mouse.

Any attack that can be "targeted" at a specific target works the same way. Abilities that are only ground-targeted, such as totems, will stop you from moving with the LMB if you put them there (it simply casts the totem where your mouse is, over and over).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info