Dual Strike

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Aplier wrote:
Or is each crit calculated separately and then the damage from each is combined?
This one, but like all skills, only one crit roll is made, so unless your weapons have different crit chances, they'll always either both crit nor neither crit.

This quote ALMOST answers my question. Which damage values are used to determine the length of an elemental status ailment? If I have cold damage on both weapons, will freeze length represent combined cold damage from both weapons, or do I get two separate shorter freezes?

My question is aimed at trying to maximize freeze or shock uptime on monsters with high HP.

If freeze gets calculated individually against each weapon, I'd want:
- one *slow* high-physi weapon with a +cold affix in the main hand (running hatred and ice bite so more physi = more cold)
- one *fast* weapon in the offhand so that bigger ice hit happens more frequently

If freeze gets calculated against the combined hit, specifics don't matter nearly as much. I'd just want enough combined cold damage on my weapons to cross the 250ms threshold.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 7, 2012, 7:05:06 PM
Dual strike only deals damage once, equal to the sum of calculated damage from each weapon. This damage is what causes elemental status effects.
thanks for the answer! That's what I'd hoped, but cleave/dual strike mechanics are sometimes a question mark. I'm glad about this, though, because it means I don't have to do anything meta to make my crits cause a freeze. Just get a big enough crit multiplier and possibly use weapons with slower base attack speed.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 9, 2012, 11:09:04 PM
Does the character sheet display the correct dps on this skill yet? Or do I take what it says and double it?
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
So how does accuracy rating affect this skill? Like, what if my weapons have different accuracy ratings?
"
didevol wrote:
Does the character sheet display the correct dps on this skill yet? Or do I take what it says and double it?

Still needs to be doubled.

"
So how does accuracy rating affect this skill? Like, what if my weapons have different accuracy ratings?

Funny, I was actually just coming to ask this same question! My guess would be that it averages the two, like it does (?) with attack speed.
Each weapon hits or misses independently. If both hit, the damage is combined.
"
didevol wrote:

Double it. Or more specifically, I think it shows the DPS only for the part of DPS that comes from the "main" hand weapon, so if your off-hand weapon is similar the the main hand, doubling the DPS is a good approximation.
"
Thalandor wrote:
"
didevol wrote:

Double it. Or more specifically, I think it shows the DPS only for the part of DPS that comes from the "main" hand weapon, so if your off-hand weapon is similar the the main hand, doubling the DPS is a good approximation.
It's showing the average for both hands. New features that allow this to display correctly will be coming in 0.9.13
"
Thalandor wrote:
"
didevol wrote:

It actually is just double it. Because it's showing the average, and the average is (A+B)/2, when reality is just A+B, the actual number should always be double what you see on your character sheet.

And thanks Mark for letting us know when to expect the fix, =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info