Dominating Blow

"
Rich85 wrote:
Just bought a soul taker to try this skill, and my initial impressions are it is freakishly good. I respected a 61 duelist and cleared the second half of act 3 really quick, did a few maps and steam rolled those too. Super fast clear speed and awesome survivability.

I'm excited to really push the upper limits of this skill, it's nice to play something that isn't crit but isn't freakishly slow.

I play this build since 4 months, being perfecting it a lot recently. If you need any hints contact me in pm.
how do the minions behave? like zombies? do they travel acts/portals/ect. for their duration?
"
verath87 wrote:
how do the minions behave? like zombies? do they travel acts/portals/ect. for their duration?

no portal, they spawn close of you when you are too quick for them to follow.
They disappear when you leave the area.

Best build for this is facebreaker with bloodmagic keystone btw.
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
"
verath87 wrote:

no portal, they spawn close of you when you are too quick for them to follow.
They disappear when you leave the area.

Best build for this is facebreaker with bloodmagic keystone btw.

not true.
Use a Soul Taker, u can find them at 5-6ex now on std.
Last edited by sfrattini on Apr 4, 2015, 10:49:25 AM
I have been playing around with Dominating Blow and have found a few bugs with it. The herald of ice makes it impossible to dominate anything killed by that player despite the "shortly after" description of the skill. Shatter in general messes with the attempted domination. Herald of Ash's burn effect on kill transfers to dominated minions and I don't believe this is intended. Any sort of infernal blow type effect also makes it impossible to dominate the exploded monster Mon'tregul's Grasp included. The volatile blood nemesis enemies also are not possible to dominate due to what is basically an infernal blow explosion. Any of Elreon's summoned minions that were dominated also die when he does the giant kill all monsters area of effect. Not sure what is all intended but it'd be nice to see the mechanics of this skill tightened up for the current patches and made worth the investment.
"
Shadoman55 wrote:
I have been playing around with Dominating Blow and have found a few bugs with it. The herald of ice makes it impossible to dominate anything killed by that player despite the "shortly after" description of the skill. Shatter in general messes with the attempted domination. Herald of Ash's burn effect on kill transfers to dominated minions and I don't believe this is intended. Any sort of infernal blow type effect also makes it impossible to dominate the exploded monster Mon'tregul's Grasp included. The volatile blood nemesis enemies also are not possible to dominate due to what is basically an infernal blow explosion. Any of Elreon's summoned minions that were dominated also die when he does the giant kill all monsters area of effect. Not sure what is all intended but it'd be nice to see the mechanics of this skill tightened up for the current patches and made worth the investment.

Well, inability to "dominate" monsters, that leave no corpse, is OK. It was intended.
However, burn/chill/shock effects should not remain active on dominated monster, as well as any other effects. It's clearly a bug, and it was there since HoA was introduced, at least. IDK, why it isnt fixed yet.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
burn/chill/shock effects should not remain active on dominated monster, as well as any other effects. It's clearly a bug
It's not a bug, those are not intended to be removed. This is correct behaviour. Dominating Blow change which team the monster is on, it doesn't change the state it's in, or remove any buffs or debuffs.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
burn/chill/shock effects should not remain active on dominated monster, as well as any other effects. It's clearly a bug
It's not a bug, those are not intended to be removed. This is correct behaviour. Dominating Blow change which team the monster is on, it doesn't change the state it's in, or remove any buffs or debuffs.

Just because it's correct behaviour doesn't mean having the burn/chill/shock effects continue is a good idea, Dominating Blow is a very underused skill for many reasons, this doesn't really help its case.
I loved the old Dominating Blow despite it's very very high cost. So i tried the new one.
And the nerf is too big :/
The mana now is really ok (i'm playing blood magic within the tree, 84 mana cost while 4L) but the duration and especially the damage nerf are really annoying.
We can deal with the duration, 38s with all the tree duration nodes(which is still too short) but the character AND the pets dps are really too low now.

DB + Melee splash + Melee Phys damage + Multistrike => 8600dps
Heavy Strike + Melee phys + weapon elem + added fire => 20 000dps

Ok support aren't the same but Domi really needs Multistrike (for converting most of mobs in coop and it really boost pets damage) and well Melee Splash is really a must have.
I'm ok with the fact that DB does really less damage than HS cause of the pets, but even them don't really dps. And with a so short duration we cannot compensate with numbers.

What do you think? Did you get some minion damage?

PS: Here is my tree And i'm running the Fire Golem with Hatred.
It looks like Cast When Damage Taken doesnt work with Dominating Blow.
Is it a bug or is it intended?
Could I know why?

Thanks
IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info