Dominating Blow

Nothing to see here. (made a mistake)
Last edited by dyneol on Mar 19, 2016, 9:34:33 PM
Still ... I think that arbitrary damage nerf was completely uncalled for. I watched those (very) few domblow videos plus judging from my own experience this skill wasn't even in any sort of competition. The only thing its got going is it's fun ! Objectively, though almost any other skill always was a better choice, especially if you have minion damage nodes.

So what the heck ? What do I miss ? Does GGG even read those posts ?
Even with 30 minions up, I feel like my attacks do more damage. I've got a 6l:

dom, splash, multi, wed, ele focus, and fortify. I have zero damage nodes, and I still feel like I do more with my autos than my minions do.

They're too dumb, too pasive and don't do enough damage, at all. I think once dominated, the minions need a pretty hefty agression bonus, and probably attack/move bonus.

I'm only 60 at the moment, but trying to actually use dom blow is painful, the minions don't cluster enough, they durdle around and they hit like a wet noodle, even though I have two more multipliers and ele damage aura. I'll see how it feels once I hit my shavs and can get another damage aura up - but they just feel inept.
1)SLAYER IMPACT ASCENDANCY DOES NOT AFFECT MINIONS!

I get it , by the wording theirs nothing to make you think it would but this ggg where their wording never makes sense (see "more melee damage on full life")

2)It's in a worse state than ever, well besides CB

GGG needs to either add back in the minion limit and make it small so we KNOW this is supposed to be a "support skill" we just use on the odd rare , or buff it so it can compete with searing bond. Yeah I just said compete with the slowest most boring skill, that's how bad it is right now.

3)Thanks for letting us dom blow perandus guys.

Swore it wasn't like this at the start of the league, but at least we have something over those pesky corpse exploded builds ;)

4)Wasn't the duration higher?

I don't have the old stats for dom blow, but I do know quality used to increase duration.
Modifiers from gear and passives don't apply to Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise. Ascendancies are no different. Supports apply modifiers to the Skill as opposed to your Character, and thus do affect the resultant Minions.

MDoFL does precisely what it says it does; what part of it doesn't make sense?
Do dominated minions "die" after their duration expires? If so do they proc the beacon of corruption passive?
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
"
RIP_POE wrote:
Do dominated minions "die" after their duration expires? If so do they proc the beacon of corruption passive?

Obelisks are staying until the dom form is dead.
You'll get corrupting blood charges on you if your dominated minions with appropriate bloodline die.
Dominated bearers will go boom, potentially taking you with them when they die.

It does not make any sense and needs to be addressed. Give domblow some love pretty please ? This might mean that beacon of corruption applies as well, though.
Do enemies slain the first time by dominating blow proct Slayer on kill effects? If so, would DB be in a semi viable place in the clear speed meta?
I wish this skill got better treatment, at least in AI department. Not fun at all now.
Nothing here
I tried to work with Dominating Blow in the previous leagues and it was just too hard. The mana cost is extremely high and dominated monsters carry ignite when they revive, which pretty much kills them. The minions also don't do anything sometimes.

I think a better idea is to revive dominated monsters as ancient warrior spirits. For example, dominating 50 monsters will summon a total of 10 monsters, but they will be powerful and have better AI. This will reduce the lag, crashes, and still keep the skill fun.

We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info