Dominating Blow

can anybody tell me if is work as intend that beyond monsters can't be dominated?
Dominating blow states this: "Attacks the enemy with a melee strike. If a non-unique enemy is killed shortly after being hit by Dominating Blow, that enemy is revived as a minion until the skill duration ends."
But the blue/rare beyond monsters cant be dominated.. Must be a bug, pls fix this! I want the Beyond Monsters to fight for me :D
Enemies whom corpses are self-destroyed don't get dominated
meaning exclusively Beyonders at this point

that's not fun when conversion trap works fine. These would be actually useful dominated creatures.
An annoying interplay of effects are Dominating Blow + Melee Splash being supported by Herald of Ash. The HoA burn can kill minions, even if the minion was killed/revived while HoA goes off. For instance, I kill EVERYTHING in a group with Dominating Blow, the main kill is not burning, but any in the group that was in the AoE of the burn nova are killed shortly after turning.

This is with Facebreaker gloves.
"
Semptimilius wrote:
An annoying interplay of effects are Dominating Blow + Melee Splash being supported by Herald of Ash. The HoA burn can kill minions, even if the minion was killed/revived while HoA goes off. For instance, I kill EVERYTHING in a group with Dominating Blow, the main kill is not burning, but any in the group that was in the AoE of the burn nova are killed shortly after turning.

This is with Facebreaker gloves.

Yeah, that's a stupid bug.
When enemy is revived via DB, all effects should be dispelled from it, but sometimes it isnt true.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
When enemy is revived via DB, all effects should be dispelled from it,[..]

Nowhere does it say the monster is cleansed of all status effects. If you Dominate an Ignited enemy, then that dude is Ignited. Done.

What Sempt is talking about is, Herald of Ash seems to Ignite enemies after they die from the Melee Splash hit.
I tried to use Dominating Blow for the first time today, swapping out my Heavy Strike.
My linked supports are Melee Physical, Multistrike, and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.
I figured all three would affect minions (since they affect other minion skills) except maybe the charges (can minions get charges?) however:
I dominated a regular dude and watched it fight another regular dude, and mine wasn't attaching three times in a row. i.e. Multistrike did not seem to be functioning.

Can someone please fill me in?
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Another day in path of plenty.
Last edited by ihssan on Jan 15, 2015, 9:21:16 PM
Lots of Haters out there.
Dominating Blow Rocks!!!

Spoiler

Do this with anything else
Last edited by sfrattini on Feb 9, 2015, 3:26:40 PM
Just bought a soul taker to try this skill, and my initial impressions are it is freakishly good. I respected a 61 duelist and cleared the second half of act 3 really quick, did a few maps and steam rolled those too. Super fast clear speed and awesome survivability.

I'm excited to really push the upper limits of this skill, it's nice to play something that isn't crit but isn't freakishly slow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info