Dominating Blow

"
takeme wrote:
Faster Attacks dosent seem to work on the minions, shouldnt it?
It does apply. Is it not displaying correctly?
"
Freakymudcrab wrote:
give dominated target full hp before they use minion instability and blow up right after,even if it is rare you see the cross and 1 sec later BOOM...
They do get straight to 1 life, the actual issue if that your other minions or allies have already started attacks on them, and they'll still land and damage it after it changes teams, thus bringing it down to low life. This will be fixed in future such that damage can't be dealt if it's changed to an ally since the attack started.
"
Myuri wrote:
I found a bug in act 3 concerning summoned mobs of dominated summoner.

When i dominate die "big" spider-like Carrion Summoners who spawn "Carrion Minion" (= monster name) they start summoning those minions. But when the summoner dies (because dominating blow expires or get killed by miraculous last hit) the minions stay forever until they get killed. And they will stay and move around the spot where the summoner died. FOREVER and ever and ever
Myuri
This is known and will be fixed in future.
"
Lezli wrote:
I just want to say Chris, that this skill is the single most interesting skill I've ever seen in an RPG. I hope you can match it with future skills!
"
Do buff or debuff duration increases work with this ability?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, but skill duration increases will increase how long the dominated minion lasts.

Your answer makes it clear that Buff Duration doesn't apply to the minions' life span but it is unclear whether they increase the duration the debuff is on the enemy monsters, extending the time after you hit them that they can be turned into minions. Could you please clarify for me Chris? Thx! I <3 u!
No, that can't be extended. You can use skill duration increases to increase how long the minions last after they get dominated, that's it.
"
Freakymudcrab wrote:
is it intended that a missed dominated strike still apply the effect? (notice that I missed a hit but my minion killed it right after)
Misses do not apply the effect. It's likey that specific damage package got delayed on it's way to your client, so wasn't able to be applied at the correct time visually, so it looked like you missed.
"
Booom3 wrote:
I want the timing window to be wide enough that using the skill correctly doesn't cause it to break. I've missed out on several rare mobs that would have been a great asset because of my other minions killing him.
"Using the skill correctly" is getting the killing blow. The short-length debuff is not meant to be something you use or rely on, but a small buffer against rolling low damage and having the monster killed just after you hit, rather than by your hit.
It lasts for 0.5 seconds, and stacking attack speed can easily put you at the point where hitting again will happen before that time runs out, if you want to be really sure.
If there was a maximum number of minions, it would say so on the skill (there isn't - it was removed quite some time ago).
Conversion trap is completely unrelated and doesn't involve minions at all. Converted monsters are not your minions.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
Edit: deleted old message, Contaced GGG support instead.
This (or the bug report forums) is the correct place to ask that question, and that is not a question to ask support. They don't know about game mechanics, they know how to help people having issues with the game or their account.
EDIT: I'd like to clarify this is by no means an attempt to diminish the support workers, merely an attempt to get people to ask mechanics questions here where they can be answered easily rather than having to wait for support to probably forward them to me, or someone else, and get a reply back that way.

"
Mizzajl wrote:
Hi, i am using Dominating blow together with arc+spell totem+elemental proliferation.
however when i dominate an monster that has shock status with proliferation my minions proliferate to me :) and i imagine this whould work for freeze and ignite also.

Dominating Blow working as intended with EE?
This is an unintended side effect of how those effects work. EE means instead of putting a burning debuff on one monster, you put a burning aura on that monster that applies to his allies. When you change the team of that monster, it still has that buff on it, and thus you're it's ally.
I've noted this behaviour down for a future improvement to how buffs work, so I can at that time look into giving buffs teams, so the buff isn't converted with the monster.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 13, 2013, 8:03:24 PM
Yes, it is intended that you cannot convert a monster that no longer exists.
"
grepman wrote:
Does the dominating blow debuff apply even if you miss the attack ?
Turns out, yes! This bug will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
"
Kaskar wrote:
If a curse was cast on mob and then he gets dominated by DB, will curse effect continue until duration ends?
Yes.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
burn/chill/shock effects should not remain active on dominated monster, as well as any other effects. It's clearly a bug
It's not a bug, those are not intended to be removed. This is correct behaviour. Dominating Blow change which team the monster is on, it doesn't change the state it's in, or remove any buffs or debuffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info