Dominating Blow

"
Teaboar wrote:
Would an Added X Damage or a Faster Attacks support gem add the damage/attack speed to the minions summoned, or only to the attack itself?
Both
"
ReZar wrote:
I fairly certain that you can't influence the "dominated mob" at all, every support gem will affect the attack only.
That is not correct. Any support that can affect the dominated minion will do so. Any support that can affect the attack will do so. Those that can apply to both will do that.
"
yukyuk wrote:
when you use this skill on a boss with the aura that makes it's minions invincible, it will not make you invincible, however you have the aura clearly on you.
I've just tested this, and that aura does work on the player just like it does on other monsters.

Note that that aura only prevents things dying, it doesn't stop them taking damage. you can still be reduced to 1one life while under it's effect.
Monsters you Dominate with Dominating Blow are minions, and area affected by everything that affects minions.

Please refrain for spamming the same questions repeatedly in future, it just clutters the forum unnecessarily.
I will look into this sometime soon - it sounds like there's a stat that's missing a description and thus failing to show on the gem.
"
Aparition wrote:
As a 2 handed sword using Templar I can only activate a Dominated enemy on the killing blow.

Others posted that you just need to hit them once?
It only works for me on the killing blow... or what looks like below half health and a critical with the skill.
The intent is that you need to kill them with the skill. It's technically possible to still dominate them if they die just after being hit with the skill, this so that the dominating blow hit gets them to 1 life and then they die to some stray damage before you can strike again, you don't miss out on the domination. It is not intended to let you just hit them once then kill them later.

The skill works on killing blow, and has a mechanic to be a little lenient if you nearly-kill them and then they actually die right after.
"
wiggin wrote:
Hi, just reminding this is still not fixed or the description of the stat has "minions" in it now and it shouldn't have.
Spoiler
Unavailable
This is a known issue which the current skill/gem stat description system can't handle, and will require the implementation of some new way to specify descriptions (and/or some hacky exception for this skill only).

The stat description is correct on the skill, but on the gem it should say "This Attack and Minions deal X% more Damage".

This is the only case so far in the game where we need the same stat described differently on the gem to o the skill, so the current system cannot handle this.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Lionguild wrote:
The gem description seems to lack any word on requireing a weapon. Does this mean you can use this skill with fists?
You can.
I have a feeling I've said as much previously in the thread, but yes, it is.
But I'm equally active in all the skill threads - I read through all new posts in them and reply when necessary/able.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 6, 2012, 8:27:55 PM
"
anubite wrote:
Is this working as intended for PVP? I mean, in a group battle, you dominating blow somebody... and they join your party. Should that be allowed? I mean, it's not like they're forced to help you in PVP.
Dominating Blow should not work on players, as players are not intended to be able to become minions.

Conversion trap can work on players fine.
"
Something I've noticed about DB is that if you Dominate a rare mob with "Increased energy shield, allies share energy shield" etc, it would stack with Discipline. Seeing as those are the same auras (as far as I can tell) with different names, I think this is a bug.
They're technically different auras with similar effects. Improvements in how buffs are handled may allow us to change whether they stack alter on, should we decide we don't like this behaviour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info