Discharge

The Damage on discharge is now out of control
"
HexenLord wrote:
Can anyone link a levelled discharge gem so I can compare damage to whats on the wiki? They haven't updated the wiki from what it seems to reflect the recent damage increase.

Level 18 Discharge in the Voll's.

Discharge dps whit 4 power charges, 3 frenzy and 7 endurance went from 7.7k to 23.3k after patch.
Last edited by LordDonkey on May 10, 2013, 7:47:46 PM
"
LordDonkey wrote:
"
HexenLord wrote:
Can anyone link a levelled discharge gem so I can compare damage to whats on the wiki? They haven't updated the wiki from what it seems to reflect the recent damage increase.

Level 18 Discharge in the Voll's.

Discharge dps whit 4 power charges, 3 frenzy and 7 endurance went from 7.7k to 23.3k after patch.

You have a link to your build?

I'm trying to decide between Templar for survivability, or shadow for damage. Both get CI, both get some crit.

Basically it breaks down like this (max level stats, lower level stats will vary)

Templar:
-5 Endurance Charges
-4 Frenzy Charges
-6 Power Charges (7 with bandit reward)
23% bonus block chance
70% Resists from passives
Inner Force
Static Blows
+5% Max Resists
253% bonus ES (+20%)
88% Bonus Armor
335% Crit Chance (685% with Power Charges = 62.8% Crit on Discharge)
100% Crit Multiplier

Shadow:
-4 Endurance Charges
-6 Frenzy Charges
-5 Power Charges (6 with bandit reward)
22% bonus block chance
35% resists from passives
Shock (5% chance on hit)
201% bonus ES
128% bonus evasion
325% Crit Chance (625% with Power Charges = 58% Crit on Discharge)
240% Crit Multiplier

Same number of charges between them.
Advantages:

Shadow
-Uses more Frenzy charges, easier to gain thanks to Blood Rage
-Higher Crit Multiplier. Will do 5x damage on crit compared to 3x on Templar
-With 50% Crit Chance Maligro's, ~60% Global from a Dagger, 100% From Increased Crits Support, And Possibly up to another 100% from the Spell Crit chance on shield/dagger/amulet, you could have a 82% chance to crit with Discharge.
-Higher overall DPS

Templar
-Higher survivability across the board. More ES, Block, Resists, AR, Endurance Charges, Max resists.
-Static Blows for 20% Chance to Shock (High Crit helps too)
-Inner Force for further survivability (Purity, Determination, Discipline, Possibly Tempest Shield)
-Higher overall survivability.

Basically, you'll constantly crit so you use Voll's to make sure you keep maximum power charges at all times and Blood Rage for maximum Frenzy Charges. Endurance charges aren't something I'm used to working with, but I'm half tempted to say Curse with Warlords, cast Enduring Cry, and start blasting with Discharge?

Last edited by HexenLord on May 10, 2013, 9:22:27 PM
"
You have a link to your build?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQQHBLMFLRLhFCAUTRZAFm8ZLhoyGjgaVR0UHwIkiyftKU8t0jbFNug6UjrYPAU9Dz1fRtdN2E99UEdQUFFgUlNUSVXGVw1YY18_YEthIWSjZp507XYReu98u36vgFaBb4KbgziE74V9h2WLjIx2jM-PRpBVkc6XlZwtnjyeoZ7Nn9-iAKcIpzCnhKmVr5u53bvtxPbG2M9l0NDSIdSP2CTZYd-_4XPnUuw47SDvDu988B_yL_Pd9kj60g==

Is where I'm at right now, level 77.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7dlhxPbz3VcNPQ8TW_uq0iGRziSLZOegtPMGns277Xy7VdanMJ48OtgB5xQgFHFN2IFv7Dgt0jboUEcGDox2BLMpTxo4WK86UmSjY_0UTfAfAnGFfYKbp4Rwu9-_GlUlrYM4ogAWQJBV9tphIQn273xmnoTvEuE8BamV-tJeE3Ttn99RYDbpHRTDhnrvi4waMiSq42qPRueRYEvhc4BWpwjQ0KyvBS3tIE992CTPZUbXNsVVxh8CNtgWb36vnqEEB5wt8Wx2Ea-bl5WHZexVUlM9Xw==

This is the current plan for the future.

Using Tempest shield to make voidbearers and things like that suicide and power charges.
Get a surprising amount of power charges from tempest shield.
Frenzy for frenzy charges and 2 Enduring Cry gems for endurance .

My items aren't that good right now and i need to use 2 granite flasks to stay alive.
Spoiler

Not a very tanky build but that was half the fun of it. I didn't use Discharge until level 60 though, was Ele Cleave/ Groundslam whit Molten Shell until i got my 5 link Voll's. Leveled it to 74 on HC before i died during a loading screen.
Last edited by john258doe on May 15, 2013, 8:55:10 AM
"
john258doe wrote:

THE DAMAGE IS RETARDED NOW

Have to point out you have a ton of cast speed which is meaningless for Discharge, but yes that is still very very high.

My Char at level 62, using a level 58 discharge gem does around 15k dps, enough to 1hit whites when fully filled with 3 frenzy, 3 endurance and 6 power charges. Damage around this level seems to be ok, but it seems at higher levels it gets out of control. I haven't played maps yet myself though so maybe that's necessarily high.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Cast Speed is never meaningless; it reduces the time you have to stand still taking punches, in turn reducing the odds you get interrupted.

What is actually meaningless on Discharge, is DPS when you have any amount of Cast Speed bonus, because it assumes you can cast it non-stop. With 0% FCR it has a cast time of 1, so the DPS is your average damage per hit. As soon as you reduce the Cast time, it's off.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 12, 2013, 7:00:18 AM
I'm currently level 64 and having a blast at Merciless Docks. The damage from Discharge is finally nice with the latest patch.

Another nice touch but not mentioned in the patch notes is that the crit chance is now 8% (previously was 4% or 5%. Something ridiculously low). With my 7 power charges and 2 100%+ daggers, my crit chance is above 50%.

I clear mobs so fast (and with style :P), I've gotten random party members interested to try out discharge for their alt too.
Now is a good time to try out this skill if you have always been interested
has anyone tested discharge with remote mine to test how they interact?

EDIT* had someone test this out since I'm not able to right now, and you cant even use remote mine with discharge.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Last edited by Nithryok on May 12, 2013, 2:08:50 PM
Discharge is now one of the funnest and most rewarding skills in the game.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info