Discharge

"
john258doe wrote:

THE DAMAGE IS RETARDED NOW

How much bonus spell damage and crit chance/multiplier do you have on that? Even if you remove the cast speed bonus, its still pretty excessive. I tried to figure up how much damage I would have with my proposed build, and its still not quite that high, even with loads of crit chance and multiplier. Care to link the discharge page from your character screen instead of the tooltip? I'd love to see how you managed that damage.
Any fellow dischargers running conduit want to run maps with me? Message me ingame @DrDagon

IGN: TFY
Last edited by sionar on May 16, 2013, 3:02:16 AM
@sionar, when you Discharge you also expend an ally with Conduit's Charges, contrary to the opposite that most would expect.. :P
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
@sionar, when you Discharge you also expend an ally with Conduit's Charges, contrary to the opposite that most would expect.. :P

Nnnno you don't. Every player has their own pool of Charges, regardless of Conduit. Otherwise, the Templar/Witch Discharge duo I've been running for the past couple months wouldn't be nearly as strong.

Conduit doesn't "share" Charges; it simply makes you grant 1 Charge to party members whenever you gain 1 Charge. Nothing more.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

Nnnno you don't. Every player has their own pool of Charges, regardless of Conduit. Otherwise, the Templar/Witch Discharge duo I've been running for the past couple months wouldn't be nearly as strong.

Conduit doesn't "share" Charges; it simply makes you grant 1 Charge to party members whenever you gain 1 Charge. Nothing more.
Hmm, then that means someone lied to me >_<

Thanks for clearing it up ^.^
Quick question: if I use Ice Spear with GMP and the crit rolls (which in turn rolls for all 5 projectiles), and if all 5 spears hit 1 separate target, do I get 5 power charges with Voll's Protector to power up Discharge?
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on May 27, 2013, 7:49:34 PM
"
Islidox wrote:
Quick question: if I use Ice Spear with GMP and the crit rolls (which in turn rolls for all 5 projectiles), and if all 5 spears hit 1 separate target, do I get 5 power charges with Voll's Protector to power up Discharge?
Yes.

Similarly LMP+Chain, hitting 3 targets, would get you max Charges.
"
"
Islidox wrote:
Yes.

Similarly LMP+Chain, hitting 3 targets, would get you max Charges.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

I wonder if LMP+Chain combo with Ice Spear chains off the second form of Ice Spear? Because then I can see why one would use such a mana-heavy combo. If not, GMP would suffice, no?
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on May 29, 2013, 9:56:10 AM
"
Islidox wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

I wonder if LMP+Chain combo with Ice Spear chains off the second form of Ice Spear? Because then I can see why one would use such a mana-heavy combo. If not, GMP would suffice, no?
ice spear can ONLY chain/fork (or extra pierce) during second form. it is always piercing in first form, and thus can't fork or chain during that phase.
Using ice spear to get charges has the added benefit of freezing mobs while doing so. You will need to level up the gem for more damage, and also include supports like elemental proliferation + increased aoe for more frozen mobs. One of its drawbacks is the high mana cost, esp if you have faster cast linked to it. Another drawback is you have to keep a distance away from mobs to maximize ice spear's crit chance.

If you dont need the freeze, a low mana cost way to collect charges fast is using spark. Think this was mentioned somewhere in the forums already. Keep it to level 1, and link it to gmp + fork + faster cast. Spark has a decent crit rate of 6% iirc. With Volls, the charges build up so fast due to the sheer number of sparks on the map. It is also effective for both short or long range. Because the sparks linger for a while before dissipating, you can still build charges from those sparks right after you discharge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info