Blood Rage

"
XCodes wrote:
There's 7.4% Regen in the ENTIRE tree. Actually getting 7.4% just so you can use Blood Rage will really hurt the build overall.

Yes, and as I also pointed out, you don't need every Regen node in the tree to break even.
I do agree the Degen scaling is almost entirely pointless.
3.75% hp as chaos damage per second i think is where lv 20 gem does. [if not, it should as its not much away from current and causes pretty numbers :D] if no chaos res, then that translates to 6%hp/sec and if jus -20 res, then 4.5%hp/sec and if +20% res, then 3%hp/sec.
even with the new fixed regen mods on gear, that is very manageable.
A few convenience problems I am having in the endgame maps. The entire mechanic of bloodrage comes to shine when clearing waves of enemies, however not only can I not generate any frenzy stacks on single target enemies, but my bloodrage expires multiple times throughout the fight as well.

A further annoyance is that the manual recasting of bloodrage can be interrupted, couple this with the way targeting is done in this game as a melee character. I accept that I have to forego frenzy charges on a single target (it's a shame, but I accept it) however when I am doing high level maps I have to run out to reapply Blood Rage then run back in and attempt to reacquire the target amongst party casted skeletons and the like. For a Melee damage dealer, I really have to fight to get this ability to perform for me the way I need it to.

Ign:Sinisterdeeds
"
trailslayer wrote:
A few convenience problems I am having in the endgame maps. The entire mechanic of bloodrage comes to shine when clearing waves of enemies, however not only can I not generate any frenzy stacks on single target enemies, but my bloodrage expires multiple times throughout the fight as well.

A further annoyance is that the manual recasting of bloodrage can be interrupted, couple this with the way targeting is done in this game as a melee character. I accept that I have to forego frenzy charges on a single target (it's a shame, but I accept it) however when I am doing high level maps I have to run out to reapply Blood Rage then run back in and attempt to reacquire the target amongst party casted skeletons and the like. For a Melee damage dealer, I really have to fight to get this ability to perform for me the way I need it to.

not meaning to downshine blood rage but, frenzy attack gem would help in the specific case you have problems in. it grants charges on hit plus increased effects of frenzy charges themselves while the gem is being used for attacks.
I understand that, but my main attack is doublestrike.
point still remains, use frenzy to gain the charges desired when blood rage cannot provide any. frenzy does not have to be a primary attack, people just prefer to due to the self benefit it has (or maybe because they think its only way to have frenzy charges...).

blood rage and frenzy are both useful for maintaining charges, either kill something (blood rage) or hit something (frenzy). both are "fire and forget" till a renew is needed of course.
This simply is not feasible in a real time scenario as a melee character the way hotkeys are set up.
"
trailslayer wrote:
This simply is not feasible in a real time scenario as a melee character the way hotkeys are set up.

ummmm.... Why?

I have frenzy bound to middle mouse button for High HP single target mobs. Refresh the stacks every so often and you are all set.
With a half-decent killspeed you only need to cast it once for a very long time anyways. Not sure how this makes it unfeasible...
"
Vipermagi wrote:
With a half-decent killspeed you only need to cast it once for a very long time anyways. Not sure how this makes it unfeasible...
above commenter was confused at the previous guy's lack of attention to just using multiple skills to adjust for situations. like one i was trying to describe and help with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info