Blood Rage

"
Kazurin wrote:
Is it a recent change that the attack speed bonus only applies when ON LOW HEALTH?
No, it's been like that for quite a while.
"
Strill wrote:
Get chaos resist where? It's already hard enough to max out your elemental resistances even with super efficient all elemental resistance bonuses. With chaos resistance gear mods being weaker and seemingly rarer than elemental resistance gear mods, and with chaos resist passives being half of elemental resist passives, I don't see how I be able to prioritize chaos resistance when I already need 75% all ele resistances, as well as hp and armor/eva mods on every item just to keep from being two-shotted as a non-tank specced melee character.

At best, itemizing for chaos resist is a very late game priority, since I already have many other priorities that take precedence.

THIS
"
redyns wrote:
"
Strill wrote:
Get chaos resist where? It's already hard enough to max out your elemental resistances even with super efficient all elemental resistance bonuses. With chaos resistance gear mods being weaker and seemingly rarer than elemental resistance gear mods, and with chaos resist passives being half of elemental resist passives, I don't see how I be able to prioritize chaos resistance when I already need 75% all ele resistances, as well as hp and armor/eva mods on every item just to keep from being two-shotted as a non-tank specced melee character.

At best, itemizing for chaos resist is a very late game priority, since I already have many other priorities that take precedence.

THIS

If I remember correctly with the implementation of Chaos Resistence the overall Chaos damage was slightly nerfed. Thus Chaos Resistence can wait till merciless. IMHO
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I have a quality of life improvement suggestion for this gem. I understand the point of having Bloodrage as a casted short term termporary buff. Having to recast it in party (when denied the last hit which would refresh it) however does it really need to be able to be interrupted while you attempt to refresh this ability every 10 or so seconds? The spell interruption on it is maddening to me as a CI crit shadow MELEE character.
Ign:Sinisterdeeds
That's just a downside of using CI. Stun chance (and thus interrupt chance) is based on damage dealt versus max Life. With CI it takes your life pre-CI, which will be far below the average (approx. zero Life bonuses and all that), meaning you get Stunned more often.

Linking it to Faster Casting will decrease the odds of being interrupted since it simply takes less time to cast.
I completely forgot merciless chaos penalty will ruin this gem :(
And I planned my build around this skill.... I see no way to get 60% chaos resistance to counter this :(

Last edited by Torin on Feb 4, 2013, 3:38:55 PM
"
Torin wrote:
And I planned my build around this skill.... I see no way to get 60% chaos resistance to counter this :(
then counter with regen, life on hit, or the life leach it provides (and potions).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
then counter with regen, life on hit, or the life leach it provides (and potions).

You cannot counter 9% degeneration with regen, life on hit is laughable at that point and potions don't scale well to keep you alive when you lose about 6% of your max life per second when you got 3000+ life (+monsters bashing on you). Life Leech and and huge DPS is only real option here but it is hard to have huge dps with single target melee skills (or any other melee skill). Huge DPS is normally a product of chain+ranged skills or spork totems.

This change to Blood Rage killed Flicker builds for non-CI chars as soon as you enter merciless difficulty (and before then skill itself has too much of its own degeneration to be useful) :(

Last edited by Torin on Feb 5, 2013, 11:04:18 AM
"
Torin wrote:
You cannot counter 9% degeneration with regen,

Luckily, Blood Rage doesn't deal 9% HP/s! :/
3.9 * 1.6 = 6.24% per second. That is the worst case scenario. At 40% Chaos Resist (a fair bunch, admittedly), you're at 4.68% per second.
There's 7.4% Regen in the tree.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
You cannot counter 9% degeneration with regen,

Luckily, Blood Rage doesn't deal 9% HP/s! :/
3.9 * 1.6 = 6.24% per second. That is the worst case scenario. At 40% Chaos Resist (a fair bunch, admittedly), you're at 4.68% per second.
There's 7.4% Regen in the tree.

There's 7.4% Regen in the ENTIRE tree. Actually getting 7.4% just so you can use Blood Rage will really hurt the build overall.

I think a better solution would be to have the life degen scale down faster. It starts at 4% and scales down to 3.8%? Why not have it scale all the way down to something like 2.5% or 3%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info