Blood Rage

Is this working as intended currently with the new Chaos Resistance mechanics? Seeing that Merciless is -60% Chaos Resistance and str/dex side of the tree is almost completely devoid of any Chaos Resistance nodes, the degeneration is little too heavy I think. Sure you can get Chaos Resistance from gear, but even to offset that -60% alone would require godlike gear.

Hopefully that's just something devs overlooked when they redesigned Chaos Damage, currently it seems that Blood Rage will be exclusively for CI users on higher difficulties.
could still counter via regen nodes found in the str side(s) of tree. or the life leech it has or are also around the str side of tree.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jan 28, 2013, 12:56:33 PM
You can counter it, but you need more nodes for it and you are left with even less Regen in the end. It's still a good skill, but it's *noticably* worse than before.
If a level 1 Blood Rage gem description says that chaos damage takes 3.9% of your life per second, what does this rate become, effectively, if your chaos resistance is -60%?

I'm trying to work out how much life regen you need to counter this effect with the new chaos mechanics.

P.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
If a level 1 Blood Rage gem description says that chaos damage takes 3.9% of your life per second, what does this rate become, effectively, if your chaos resistance is -60%?
3.9*1.6=6.24
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
might as well say 6.4% (because 4.0 *1.6). that value steadily decreases (by unknown tiny value) on blood rage's level ups.
for reference, there is a total of 7.4% max hp/sec on passive tree alone and there is still vitality aura (1.5% hp/sec at high level gem) and fixed regen amounts from gear.
We're keeping an eye on feedback, nut for now we have no plans to change the interaction of blood rage with increasing resist penalties for higher difficulties.
It's arguably better now at higher difficulties because you can actually have the option to get chaos resist, where before you had no way to mitigate it. Characters using blood rage will probably want to prioritise stacking chaos resist more than other characters, and that's fine.
Get chaos resist where? It's already hard enough to max out your elemental resistances even with super efficient all elemental resistance bonuses. With chaos resistance gear mods being weaker and seemingly rarer than elemental resistance gear mods, and with chaos resist passives being half of elemental resist passives, I don't see how I be able to prioritize chaos resistance when I already need 75% all ele resistances, as well as hp and armor/eva mods on every item just to keep from being two-shotted as a non-tank specced melee character.

At best, itemizing for chaos resist is a very late game priority, since I already have many other priorities that take precedence.
Last edited by Strill on Jan 30, 2013, 5:07:15 PM
Is it a recent change that the attack speed bonus only applies when ON LOW HEALTH?
that has always been there to my awareness, open beta did not touch blood rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info