Upcoming changes to Leech

on topic:

if it is 'leech from many targets' with 'low leech cap' then it is effectively equal to LGOH when cap is reached

without leech cap adjustment with items like:

Spoiler
that happen to work pretty well in 1.3 btw

it is a simple math: LGOH or Leech. this is a step backward compared to current LGOH/Leech balance.

so there is one CON

another CON is that this change HEAVILY favors mindless AOE spam. just like pretty much every f.. thing in this game atm. bit sad about it.

i had hoped for leech nerf in general - including vaal pact etc. so people cannot go all banana with defense and out-leech everything. and this seems like just it.

last CON - cyclone and tornado shot remain THE skills to use.

will there be a nerf to cyclone? it is going to be ridiculous with 85% of all melee players doing spin-to-win..
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

The goal is to have leech be as effective as it is on the live servers, if not better, against packs of monsters, while being more difficult to get to the same levels of survivability and sustainability against single powerful monsters such as strong rares or bosses.

Thats exactly the opposite of what you should be doing, i haven't used Leech since sacrifice of the vaal and i will most likely never use it again, Everything else you could be getting instead of Leach is better in every way...

Not to mention that it is a pain in the butt to get leech unless you play a phys atk build...

i would rather change leech entirely and have it apply a shield effect based on Max hp that decays (like the Bloodthirster in LoL) than this crappy unreliable low reg. (bc thats what it is, a short time reg. not a leech!)

way to much investment and value stacking necessary to get anything out of it. rather use LOH or Reg.

I could be wrong tough, but i highly doubt it. ;p
I just hope there is some kind of change coming to the map system to make boss kills more important. There is already too much incentive to just kill the trash and skip bosses in my opinion. As is this sounds like it would just further reinforce that.

When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on May 18, 2015, 2:35:28 PM
new ilvl 82 gloves mod gonna be:
0.3-0.5% Physical damage leeched as Mana

RIP divines

Kappa
"
sidtherat wrote:
on topic:

will there be a nerf to cyclone? it is going to be ridiculous with 85% of all melee players doing spin-to-win..

Nerf the best skill of the worse bunch (melee) relative to range, spells, crit etc. is your answer to balance? What kind of illogical shit is this?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on May 18, 2015, 3:05:44 PM
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
on topic:

Nerf the best skill of the worse bunch (melee) relative to range, spells, crit etc. is your answer to balance? What kind of illogical shit is this?

it is called game integrity and longevity

if there is a skill (and we know that there is) or a playstyle (and we know that there is) or an item (and there are) that is CLEARLY superior to everything else - then this item has to be cut down. otherwise (by the way of the stupid - 'BUFF EVERYTHING ELSE but do not nerf me!') the power creep overtakes everthing and there is a build that 90% of a population plays

fun? for people that have to compensate and 'be the best in poe' as a way to feel good about themselves. but for others it is a shallow game with no longevity

who plays any other bow skill after playing tornado shot? why reroll when the next character WILL BE a lot weaker than current tornado shot.

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
on topic:

it is called game integrity and longevity

if there is a skill (and we know that there is) or a playstyle (and we know that there is) or an item (and there are) that is CLEARLY superior to everything else - then this item has to be cut down. otherwise (by the way of the stupid - 'BUFF EVERYTHING ELSE but do not nerf me!') the power creep overtakes everthing and there is a build that 90% of a population plays

fun? for people that have to compensate and 'be the best in poe' as a way to feel good about themselves. but for others it is a shallow game with no longevity

who plays any other bow skill after playing tornado shot? why reroll when the next character WILL BE a lot weaker than current tornado shot.

Then why arent you here bitching about TS too? Instead of jumping on the 'nerf cyclone' band wagon? And who are you to say why people find something fun? And to a larger extent who are you for them to care what you think?
nerve has been struck..
"
Evarsor wrote:
Then why arent you here bitching about TS too? Instead of jumping on the 'nerf cyclone' band wagon? And who are you to say why people find something fun? And to a larger extent who are you for them to care what you think?

...What?
That's exactly what he was doing. he came here and asked about cyclone and tornado shot.

"
sidtherat wrote:
cyclone and tornado shot remain THE skills to use.
This has been tiped before and the reason for this change is mainly Mjolner and Acuity builds, specially since havoc was doing uber atziri runs with mjolner/discharge/LifeLeech on bloodlines and streaming to 2k viewers.

It looks like a very poor decision, its like "1% of builds are doing too much damage, hence we will nerf life leech, too bad we'll screw a ton of other build".

ES builds have two effective ways to recover health: run away and wait for the ES recharge, or leech. Its ALREADY hard to sustain ES leeching from bosses, and a complete joke to leech from packs, and you guys will make that even worse?

Does anyone at GGG actually played an ES build that does not use Mjolner or Acuity? those are the only builds that can leech-tank the hard bosses, and Acuity should do so, as it is the hardest unique to obtain in the game, and Mjolner was already toned down I think, so why mess up with leech at all?

This is a complete killer of build diversity, since no ES build that is not a summoner/acuity will be able to do any high level boss. Very disappointing news indeed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info