Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

First time playing the game and I'm using your build. Having a lot of fun. One issue I'm having is I have Acranist Brand, Desecrate, Bone Offering linked on a wand. I cast Brand but I never see any corpses spawn as in your videos. Any idea why that is?
"
Burumaru wrote:
First time playing the game and I'm using your build. Having a lot of fun. One issue I'm having is I have Acranist Brand, Desecrate, Bone Offering linked on a wand. I cast Brand but I never see any corpses spawn as in your videos. Any idea why that is?

Arcanist brand needs to be attached to an enemy to start casting the linked spells (unfortunately) so try casting it on top of or near enemies that can survive for longer than a second and it will work.

Small pathing mistake, right?
25% damage seems much better than 40% crit.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

Probably because of Elemental Overload, with 40% (more, not increased) Damage in case of Crit in last 8 sec?
"
Enki91 wrote:
Did some more testing with Unleash now that the Thunderous Salvos cluster is on the tree and I still come to the same conclusion: it's straight up worse for single target in this build. The seal build up is not fast enough even with a 21/20 unleash, and requiring the helmet craft and Seal Mender, which has pretty low weighting, just to make the build playable isn't a good idea.

I'll try to communicate the playstyle and how to fix mana issues better once I got some ideas to do so, for now please just follow this advice: if you're in trade league, buy a Kitava's Thirst, check the gem setup for that and use that until you have the trigger craft on your weapon. And if you still have mana issues with that, then try to adjust your playstyle.

Can I ask why we take spell cascade in a 4-link Kitava's thirst? Based on the POE in-game tooltip it only benefits desecrate but I don't think the effect would be beneficial. It does not affect Wave of Conviction based on the POE in0game. Thanks.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

The crit is for EO uptime, especially once having a 6L with Controlled Destruction. Sure the other nodes give more POB damage, but ingame we mostly just lose a 40% more multiplier.

"
avalonmabi wrote:
"
Enki91 wrote:
Did some more testing with Unleash now that the Thunderous Salvos cluster is on the tree and I still come to the same conclusion: it's straight up worse for single target in this build. The seal build up is not fast enough even with a 21/20 unleash, and requiring the helmet craft and Seal Mender, which has pretty low weighting, just to make the build playable isn't a good idea.

I'll try to communicate the playstyle and how to fix mana issues better once I got some ideas to do so, for now please just follow this advice: if you're in trade league, buy a Kitava's Thirst, check the gem setup for that and use that until you have the trigger craft on your weapon. And if you still have mana issues with that, then try to adjust your playstyle.

Can I ask why we take spell cascade in a 4-link Kitava's thirst? Based on the POE in-game tooltip it only benefits desecrate but I don't think the effect would be beneficial. It does not affect Wave of Conviction based on the POE in0game. Thanks.

Corpses = sustain. You want 10 corpses for the maximum regeneration from Essence Glutton while also getting the buffs from Plaguebringer and Corpse Pact, and Bone Offering eats through the corpses quickly, so we need to maximize the amount of corpses spawned per Desecrate cast.
twitch.tv/enkivt
Thanks Enki for the reply. I just bought a Kitava's Thirst and the map I tried it on went smoother compared to the arcanist brand setup.
First time playing in years, this build was fantastic getting to endgame. I am right around 4k hp and 3k mana with max res doing low maps. I took Agnostic very late in the build tree because it almost seemed like a mistake and sometimes it just wrecks me when I could finish off a mob but my mana is just constantly zero cause I'm low hp.

Should we ideally be going for hybrid gear so we dont waste the 500-800 energy shield in this build, or does it realistically not make much of a difference for the effort?
Is Inpulsa's worth using at all in this build?

Or is the trade off from losing %health and %mana not worth it?
"
Enki91 wrote:

As far as I can tell, it's only better for single target in cases where you would be casting 4+ times in a row without moving.

Unleash even at 18/0 gains a charge every 0.73s, meaning it'll be fully charged in just over 2s. Meaning, if I click Arc, then move about 2 steps, then click Arc again, it's fully charged every time I click it.

If I look at your 'highend' gear in the PoB at level 90, cast speed is 5.37 with un-Awakened gems, but that's counting the Echos, so it's really 2.685. At that level, your cast pattern would be 3,1,2,1,2 etc. You might get 1 cast twice in a row sometimes. This means at 1 cast it's much better than echo because you get 3 casts much faster than echo gets 2. At 2 casts, still better, they're both 4, but Unleash casts faster. At 3 Casts Unleash is still ahead with 6 casts. 4+ casts and Echo starts to pull ahead. Unleash ALSO only removes damage from the recurrences, not the main cast, so there's a minimal damage boost from it, too.

It may just be because your gear is so much better than what I have that you're just standing in front of things hold the button down, so it feels worse, but if you're dodging in between casts it just seems objectively better?
Last edited by Reithan on Jun 24, 2020, 11:43:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info