[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
bagdet45 wrote:

Some things are still the same and I think it should stay like that, but I do have some points where I think you should do something.

Thank you for the suggestions, it gives me something to think hard about when I have some free time.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions, it gives me something to think hard about when I have some free time.

Wow, what a fast reply, thanks!

I also think that Gifts from Above as an expensive ring option is really viable for your build. Not only is the ring perfect in regards to crit chance and damage boost, but also provides valuable block chance just by standing still.

What I struggle with this build is the clear speed. I'm not sure what to switch out without endangering my tankiness. In this league when having every buff on and Rallying Cry my peak DPS is like 45-50k, but for bosses it is usually less.
"
bagdet45 wrote:
I also think that Gifts from Above as an expensive ring option is really viable for your build. Not only is the ring perfect in regards to crit chance and damage boost, but also provides valuable block chance just by standing still.

What I struggle with this build is the clear speed. I'm not sure what to switch out without endangering my tankiness. In this league when having every buff on and Rallying Cry my peak DPS is like 45-50k, but for bosses it is usually less.

I'm looking at gifts from above already in my experimental uber builds. The crit chance is wasted there due to elemental overload but it still has enough useful features to use.

50K is very low. Do you have a PoB I could check or enable your character profile publicly? Even the budget build should get 900K in PoB DPS with everything enabled at level 95ish.
"
Sovyn wrote:

I'm looking at gifts from above already in my experimental uber builds. The crit chance is wasted there due to elemental overload but it still has enough useful features to use.

50K is very low. Do you have a PoB I could check or enable your character profile publicly? Even the budget build should get 900K in PoB DPS with everything enabled at level 95ish.

Hm, I dont think the crit chance is wasted tbh. One item at least should have any crit chance on it to ensure that elemental overload with 100% uptime. Doryanis does it most of the time, but not always if you are unlucky.

My PoB for this character in Flashback Event:
https://pastebin.com/T0Be69zm

Sadly, my DPS is still low which is the reason why I still use a mana flask. My character is moderately equipped and only lvl 81 without any useful enchantments and skill gems not being properly lvled.
The problem is that I struggle to clear t5+ maps in a reasonable fashion... they take a while to clear, not too long, but it is noticeable.

My totem build was much faster at 80 with at least 100k+ DPS.
"
bagdet45 wrote:
my DPS is still low

With your tree and gear you are sitting about 170K peak DPS with your low 6% chance to shock, flasks active, etc. I would suggest spending 2 points on Holy Dominion to raise that a bit. Divine Fervor is nice for 1 more point. Warchief is adding another 30K DPS to those numbers himself as well. So you are 200K right now best case. I also activated the option to use endurance charges in PoB, I would suggest putting reckoning also on your endurance charge generator there, worth a 4-link. Just use a 3-link for the movement skill instead.

https://pastebin.com/kiqPGiq1

Keep at it level the gems, etc.

Also, the uber lab adds 32K DPS.

Also, since you are not using Aegis you can get a level 19 Blood Rage on there for another 87K DPS with the frenzies up.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 15, 2019, 7:22:27 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

With your tree and gear you are sitting about 170K peak DPS with your low 6% chance to shock, flasks active, etc. I would suggest spending 2 points on Holy Dominion to raise that a bit. Divine Fervor is nice for 1 more point. Warchief is adding another 30K DPS to those numbers himself as well. So you are 200K right now best case. I also activated the option to use endurance charges in PoB, I would suggest putting reckoning also on your endurance charge generator there, worth a 4-link. Just use a 3-link for the movement skill instead.

https://pastebin.com/kiqPGiq1

Keep at it level the gems, etc.

Also, the uber lab adds 32K DPS.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Those three skill points were definitely my next step. The shock debuff does occure from time to time, but it's not reliable right now without a good ring.

I guess I just couldn't use PoB to get the right numbers out, but mapping on mid-tier maps is still a hassle. Is the 'Amplify' node actually good for Tectonic Slam in terms of effective DPS? It does require two skill nodes to reach and the extra AoE field is not that useful.
"
bagdet45 wrote:
I guess I just couldn't use PoB to get the right numbers out, but mapping on mid-tier maps is still a hassle. Is the 'Amplify' node actually good for Tectonic Slam in terms of effective DPS? It does require two skill nodes to reach and the extra AoE field is not that useful.

I would take off amplify and get the two nodes I mentioned instead.

Also, since you are not using Aegis you can get a level 19 Blood Rage on there for another 87K DPS with the frenzies up.

Try to use your DPS flasks a lot. I find that helps.

Another idea would be to follow the budget build example, I scaled it back a bit in levels for your convenience, you'll get 435K with blade flurry + warchief... https://pastebin.com/AdANZLkc

Admittedly I didn't check yours with level 20 gems so the difference is probably not as large as assumed.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 15, 2019, 7:50:02 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

I would take off amplify and get the two nodes I mentioned instead.

Try to use your DPS flasks a lot. I find that helps.

Another idea would be to follow the budget build example, I scaled it back a bit in levels for your convenience, you'll get 435K with blade flurry + warchief... https://pastebin.com/AdANZLkc

Admittedly I didn't check yours with level 20 gems so the difference is probably not as large as assumed.

Hm, I always use my flasks on nearly every pack I encounter. They are nearly up all the time if I'm doing it right. I do like using tectonic slam, but not sure if I really should switch the skill.

Could you explain why I should switch to Blade Flurry? I do need to level it up from scratch and not sure if the extra time investment would be worth if I only gain like 5k DPS.

Blood Rage is definitely an option I considered. If I add Reckoning to my 4L with Vengeance and Stun + Endurance on Stun I need to remove Rallying Cry from my Skill Pool. Would the benefit of switching Blood Rage for Rallying cry be that tremendous?

Also, is Amplify for tectonic slam actually not really viable?
I am considering removing Quick Recovery and its adjacent nodes to allocate 3 damage nodes, because I'm not sure if I need the 40% mana regen rate and 14% max Life.

Edit:
The power and frenzy charges help quite a lot. Thats really nice.
One question about Pantheon choices, which souls would you recommend to capture? Soul of Solaris with Jorus sounds like a choice due to Reckless Defence.

Edit 2:
I just got The Surrender for 15c, what a bargain. I guess I can keep my skills on the gloves then.
Last edited by bagdet45 on May 15, 2019, 10:27:22 PM
"
bagdet45 wrote:
Could you explain why I should switch to Blade Flurry? I do need to level it up from scratch and not sure if the extra time investment would be worth if I only gain like 5k DPS.

Blood Rage is definitely an option I considered. If I add Reckoning to my 4L with Vengeance and Stun + Endurance on Stun I need to remove Rallying Cry from my Skill Pool. Would the benefit of switching Blood Rage for Rallying cry be that tremendous?

Also, is Amplify for tectonic slam actually not really viable?
I am considering removing Quick Recovery and its adjacent nodes to allocate 3 damage nodes, because I'm not sure if I need the 40% mana regen rate and 14% max Life.

I think tec slam AOE is big enough, I don't think amplify is worth it as it covers the screen well already. Blade flurry may be roughly the same DPS as tec slam, hard to say because it is 6 stages or release at 6 stages, vs. tec slam is with or without endurance charges. It would depend on which of these buffs is more reliable.

Anyway, with tec slam you can get 450 K DPS with warchief and flasks and charges up. https://pastebin.com/WRzbEX5B

That's with the budget build BoR, etc / copy paste really. (surrender is fine)

Yes, blood rage is much better than rallying cry. You also get that nice 50% damage buff from Instruments of Virtue by manually casting blood rage as it is a spell whereas a warcry isn't.
Last edited by Sovyn on May 16, 2019, 5:42:24 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

I think tec slam AOE is big enough, I don't think amplify is worth it as it covers the screen well already. Blade flurry may be roughly the same DPS as tec slam, hard to say because it is 6 stages or release at 6 stages, vs. tec slam is with or without endurance charges. It would depend on which of these buffs is more reliable.

Anyway, with tec slam you can get 450 K DPS with warchief and flasks and charges up. https://pastebin.com/WRzbEX5B

That's with the budget build BoR, etc / copy paste really. (surrender is fine)

Yes, blood rage is much better than rallying cry. You also get that nice 50% damage buff from Instruments of Virtue by manually casting blood rage as it is a spell whereas a warcry isn't.

Thanks again for all those quick replies!

Yeah, when I clear Uber lab I will have a significant boost in damage. The small changes in using romiras and blood rage did actually quite much.

Do you think that Aegis Aurora is better than Surrender for this build? I do have maxed out resistances for now and am farming for Taste of Hate as the next step and maybe a more useful 6l chest than tabula.
My stone of lazhwar with 19% spell bock is really nice, only took me 6 vaal orbs.
Is for this skill tree only 1h weapons with more physical dps viable or would doryanis be still an upgrade and which Pantheon skill + soul do you personally recommend?

Edit:
Just acquired a Taste of Hate with 18% Conversion. This one is actually prettyyy good.
Last edited by bagdet45 on May 16, 2019, 8:06:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info