[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Playing this build for Legacy.

Wondering though... what is the most reliable way for us to proc Instruments of Virtue's Spell conditions, seeing as all our stuff is Attacks?
"
Chibiwong wrote:
Playing this build for Legacy.

Wondering though... what is the most reliable way for us to proc Instruments of Virtue's Spell conditions, seeing as all our stuff is Attacks?

I don't worry about it, instead, I automatically get the 20% attack speed so it is well worth it.

However, if you would like, I would guess that you could manually cast your curse (enfeeble, warlord's mark... etc).
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
1337Anu wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Swap out something other than those uniques. It's easy to cap resists on your other slots. Use poe.trade for your needs.

Will do. Thanks. Is there any priorities in Gem links I should get? I am currently only running the 3L with Ashes of herald & Shield Charge and 4L with Blade flurry.

A white 5-link chest or tabula won't set you back much. You can farm the aqueduct in act 4 for divination cards and get a tabula free even.

Blade flurry, Melee physical, weapon elemental, added fire, physical to lightning is a good combo for the 5-link.

Hey Sovyn - love your guide.
I'm looking to switch to Blade Flurry (it's just available from Siosa now).
At the moment the first post of the guide doesn't list what you had linked to Flurry for end-game.

For my 4-link I was going to do Blade Flurry / Melee Physical / Fortify / Weapon Elemental, which is like the first four you show for Ice Crash while leveling. (Though Added Fire raises the tooltip for Flurry more than Weapon Elemental.)

But in the post I'm quoting you don't have Fortify - I assume that's because it would be on Shield Charge. I'm still socket-challenged at the moment, so that would be hard to work in.

Any thoughts?
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:

At the moment the first post of the guide doesn't list what you had linked to Flurry for end-game.

The blade flurry combo is linked in the current gear section.

I would suggest melee physical, weapon elemental and physical to lightning for the 4-link.

If you are doing the solo self-found mode, you may find a usable white 5-link chest as they are not that rare in my experience, but it is more likely that you would use the 150 fuse master craft or farm the aquaducts for the tabula divination cards.
Would this build be a viable base for a Wild Strike build?
It has enough physical and elemental damage needed it seems.
Or am I missing something? Because you don't list Wild Strike at all.
cheers

EDIT: just saw you answered the question a page back, and saif it is not a good skill in general.
Is that really still true after they buffed it from 60->100% conversion?
Sure, its namelock, but what else makes it bad?
Last edited by MightyK on Mar 7, 2017, 8:58:44 AM
"
MightyK wrote:
Is that really still true after they buffed it from 60->100% conversion?
Sure, its namelock, but what else makes it bad?

It's directional and you can't really control that with multistrike.

Wild Strike is a good skill, just not quite as good as earthquake, ice crash and blade flurry mechanically, which leads to overall slower clear times (yes, the skill looks busy).

The build is good for Wild Strike, if that's the skill you want to use, go for it.

I'm guessing that the change to convert 100% to an element would make weapon elemental damage support scale it better. Also, the change may improve Inevitable Judgment in the Ascendancy.
How is the general clear speed of this build with Blade Flurry?

I love Blade Flurry as a skill for lazy, fast clearing on my elemental Inquisitor, but am looking for something more tanky and this seems to be it but I'm wondering how much I'll lose in clear speed.

For comparison, the first 30 seconds of the video below is generally how fast a BF Ele Inq can clear maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILSy87Zjryo
Last edited by jason80 on Mar 8, 2017, 11:23:42 AM
Thank you for the build! It's what I'm using now after my trapper ripped and I am loving it - It's like playing a whole new game being this tanky. Currently in the midst of getting a few missing gear pieces and going to start maping in the next few levels.

I went for the Juggernaut approach and once I get my 3rd and 4th ascendency points, my IC will be getting procc'd quite a bit.

The only thing I'm feeling at the moment is I might change out Ice Crash as I'm not sure overall how much I enjoy playing with it - though it is apparent that it does work with Cold Pen.

Just want to say thank you for all the work!
"
jason80 wrote:
For comparison, the first 30 seconds of the video below is generally how fast a BF Ele Inq can clear maps.

The trash clearing is about the same or close, the boss, assuming level 81 map, may be a tad slower but close. This is assuming the same gear and tree that I am using. I really should make some new videos.

A new variant to be considered with the 2.6 tree:

If you use the buffed Ice Crash, go for Winter Spirit for a almost complete cold conversion - so the weapon elemental gem can get more damage. Throw out other damage to get these 3 points.

Non-Inquisitor build can then use a cold penetration gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info