[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I don't really like this build. It can't stop the occasional spikey damage wich is the whole point of playing a tank in the first place. The damage in this game is so out of control that you best counter it by killing everything before it can attack you and fortify as savety net.
Tanking is not an option, surviving is.
Can someone check my character & tell me what Im doing wrong? I feel so weak at lv63 with avg 500dps on Blade Flurry, & my defence isn't that good either, with 2.9k hp.

Is that normal?
"
Sovyn, do you think it's possible to somehow incorporate an Ancestral Warchief totem or something of the sort to help with bosses you want to keep your distance from or something, I find Blade Flurry range isn't THAT long on a boss with nothing to chain to it, and it would help a lot on fights where you constantly have to dodge stuff.

Not sure what piece of gear you'd put the gems in and how you'd do it/if it would do much damage compared to other builds that use it.

Yes you can manually cast warchief. It won't do as much damage as it would on a totem build, but it may help you.

Something like warchief - concentrated - melee phys - added fire if 4 link

You would probably want to put this instead of the endurance charge links or the immortal call cwdt links. Gloves or boots, in your case.

With amplify + increased aoe, blade flurry range is decent, and throw in Lion's Roar knockback, which does work on bosses, and it's pretty safe in my opinion without a totem, but try it and see if you like it.

"
s3f wrote:
I'm sure it's been asked already but couldn't find it in the thread. What kind of content would I be able to reliable clear with the premium setup? Would this do fine in T15 maps for example?

Definitely, no problem. Uber lab was easy for me too.
"
Chimmy81 wrote:
I don't really like this build. It can't stop the occasional spikey damage wich is the whole point of playing a tank in the first place. The damage in this game is so out of control that you best counter it by killing everything before it can attack you and fortify as savety net.
Tanking is not an option, surviving is.

Well, to be fair, I checked your characters and you have 28-50 life on most things, no self respecting tank would run with that gear in the first place, irregardless of the tree. Did you know that 75 block is equivalent to 35,000 life on average?

I don't have a problem with spike damage unless I'm careless. Such as when I miss a pack of bearers, or when I don't use my staunching flask when I'm bleeding out.

I would suggest trying blade flurry instead of reave. It might meet your expectations better.

You might like whirling blades better than leap slam also.
"
AsakuraVN wrote:
Can someone check my character & tell me what Im doing wrong? I feel so weak at lv63 with avg 500dps on Blade Flurry, & my defence isn't that good either, with 2.9k hp.

Is that normal?

Probably, you're only level 63.... still very early game really...

I did check your gear and it's all terrible for your level I'm afraid, so there's the problem.

Your weapon is only 67 pdps, which is all that matters (elemental damage doesn't count because of how melee skills scale). You can get something around 200 pdps for under 5 chaos. A Scaeva would be best, only 1 chaos.

You only have 1 damage support gem on your attack skill, that is unacceptable. Get thee a 5-link chest or tabula asap. The 5-link chests cost basically nothing or a tabula is easy to farm up with divination cards.

The rest of your gear has basically zero life on it. Fix it. Get rare items with 80 life, they are cheap. You might loose a few other perks for life gear in the 1-2 chaos range each but trust me that it's worth it.

If I'm going to put a totem in gloves to get rid of stun sup/endurance charge/vengeance/riposte, would Vengeance or Riposte be better in my MH instead of Reckoning for the CoH with Enfeeble?
"
If I'm going to put a totem in gloves to get rid of stun sup/endurance charge/vengeance/riposte, would Vengeance or Riposte be better in my MH instead of Reckoning for the CoH with Enfeeble?

Reckoning is best for CoH because you block more than get hit, and it has a cone AOE in front of you that works pretty well for that.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Reckoning is best for CoH because you block more than get hit, and it has a cone AOE in front of you that works pretty well for that.

Sweet, was thinking that, thanks.

I put the totem 4 link setup in the gloves, almost no difference to survivability but any high health mob is just so much easier now.

My gear is disgusting for level 80, I have around 50 pure C, apart from a Lionseye what would you recommend as affordable uniques I should be going for, and is there anything else you'd recommend, want to push higher tier maps, if I take 1 of the support gems out of Blade Flurry I lose around 1k tooltip damage in town, which is huge, so not sure if dropping the Tabula is a good idea atm (a normal 6 link is out of the budget)
"
My gear is disgusting for level 80, I have around 50 pure C, apart from a Lionseye what would you recommend as affordable uniques I should be going for, and is there anything else you'd recommend, want to push higher tier maps, if I take 1 of the support gems out of Blade Flurry I lose around 1k tooltip damage in town, which is huge, so not sure if dropping the Tabula is a good idea atm (a normal 6 link is out of the budget)

You need better life rolls on rings, belt, amulet, shield (lioneyes works, or a good rare). Or, you can go spell block as I did instead of life, with Lazhwar, Rainbows, Reckless Defence. It's a valid choice too as most stuff that's a threat later on are spells. Lastly, the DPS flasks will be good to have, after all, the faster things die, the less time they have to hurt you. Atziri's Promise is affordable, 2 chaos ish.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 17, 2016, 3:32:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info