[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Khavali wrote:
Today I happened upon this little beauty:

Claws are great! Too bad good claws for endgame are too expensive. GGG should come out with a unique claw that is actually good, comparable to Doryani's. I love whirling blades, I think it is the best movement skill. It's the most responsive. Leap Slam has a lot of lag and placement issues which is dangerous if you are relying on it to get you out of the way of something like a flameblast. Whirling blades does take some practice however. I think I figured out how to make the most of it after about a week of use.

Incidentally you can't use leap slam with a claw anyway so don't change your colors. (Requires an axe, mace, sword or staff.)

You should probably use some whetstones on that claw.

Yes, I need to quality it. Also, I stand corrected on the LS use... Forgot about that, I would have noticed really quick though haha. I'm going to keep running WB as long as I use that claw, so it may grow on me the same way static strike did. I just hate using it inside. Outdoor maps, it's great.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
man0ngi wrote:
Thanks you for good full block build idea. I use this gear

and my lighting strike has 35k tooltip dps (0.18 aps)

I've tested Lightning Strike after 2.1 and it is pretty good now. Trouble is several of the good damage nodes we take don't work with the projectiles. Certainly the skill still works, it kills monsters. I would suggest that if you really want to stay with physical to lightning support you would have to take a mana leech node on the passive skill tree in order not to run out of mana. I'd probably use added fire damage instead and a leech ring (romira's works) or jewel.

I don't have troubles with mana because every time use rallyng cry (see my catalyst, 14 mp regen and some phys dmg are good).
Last edited by man0ngi on Jan 3, 2016, 7:11:49 PM
Hey thanks for sharing the build, doing a variant of it at the moment in taliSC. Was curious of you could show the math for your statement a few pages back that doryani's is the weapon to use until you get around 380 pdps.
Thanks for this guide man, Just SHREDDING everything atm, rolled the current highest "known" pdps 1hnd on HC Talisman just recently. So fun.

67% phys damage reduction 13,420 Armor
Max resists
+32 chaos resist
4,5000 Life 300 ES
45k tooltip static strike, level 82
Max Block w/Tempest Shield 55% Spell Block.
Corrupted 22x Lionseye's and can't land Spell Block unfortunately :(
Here's my current gear.

(Currently Blocking Prefix+Scour to exalt GG resists on chest, but it's expensive)

Last edited by Jazzpah on Jan 7, 2016, 7:43:20 AM
"
Hey thanks for sharing the build, doing a variant of it at the moment in taliSC. Was curious of you could show the math for your statement a few pages back that doryani's is the weapon to use until you get around 380 pdps.

Educated guess. I switched a 365 pdps rare weapon vs. doryani's. Tooltip went down a little with the rare. How doryani's interacts with elemental auras (hatred in particular) is a factor.
"
Jazzpah wrote:
Thanks for this guide man, Just SHREDDING everything atm, rolled the current "known" pdps 1hnd on HC Talisman last night, probably start mapping tonight just hit 70,

Nice gear for a hardcore temp league, thanks for posting.

PS Best way to get spell block shield is trade but I can imagine it must be rare on hardcore.
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm just a little jealous of the 4% Lazhwar corruption. Seriously nice gear my friend.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Khavali wrote:
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm just a little jealous of the 4% Lazhwar corruption. Seriously nice gear my friend.

Thanks man
Such a solid tanky build. Good job, man!

First build I reach lvl 86 with in this game :)

Gear

Last edited by oshionn on Jan 11, 2016, 4:21:35 AM
"
oshionn wrote:
Such a solid tanky build. Good job, man!

First build I reach lvl 86 with in this game :)

Glad you like it! I see you are using a claw with good crit chance there -- I like claws for the life gain and the ability to use whirling blades but I don't think it can touch the damage of Doryani's unfortunately. If you decide to stay with it you can get Strong Arm and Aspect of the Lynx and Deadly Dilettante instead of my Galvanic Hammer and Blunt Instrument. Instead of Purity of Flesh, pick up life on the Scion wheel or whatever's handy but don't travel for it. You will need some chaos resist on gear which is difficult.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info