[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Along with what Sovyn's post mentioned, there's this:

I've been messing around with it in standard league with decent results, and I haven't tested if they stack. The issue you may run into with this is that our passive tree may not provide the strength depending on how you're spec'd.

EDIT: 500th page post!
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Dec 31, 2015, 5:53:17 PM
Page 500 WTF :P

Congrats man ty for the continued support!
Last edited by Valkoon on Dec 31, 2015, 9:36:58 PM
"
Khavali wrote:
I've been messing around with it in standard league with decent results, and I haven't tested if they stack. The issue you may run into with this is that our passive tree may not provide the strength depending on how you're spec'd.

About that shattered chains jewel, Devotion and the jewel socket right above it would be best. There are three strength nodes that you would take to get it so there ya go, 50 str. Would have to give up some block or damage though. Glacial Hammer is not a damage skill anyway though so a culler might not care.
"
Valkoon wrote:
Page 500 WTF :P

Congrats man ty for the continued support!

Thanks, my pleasure.
So, I've melted through just about everything in the game up to this point (only two deaths; one from the previous Talisman suicide bleed bug, the second from my own over-confidence) and I'm about to leave Cruel. Today I happened upon this little beauty:

Almost ~1000 tooltip dps increase over my previous Axe, which itself was no slouch and hard to replace. On top of that, it allows me to drop the mana flask in favor of a granite for boss fights etc. I had to give up Leap Slam for Whirling Blades for the time being (not burning chromes on three off-colors, and my masters aren't leveled). In my opinion, LS offers much more utility, and I really don't enjoy the mechanics of WB indoors, where it likes to clip and hang on nearly everything. I also much prefer Axes, if for no other reason than I like them better thematically, but this was too good not to use for a bit.

The point of this post being: Once you get all the defensive setups going this build really trucks, even with self-found gear. Something most here are very aware of, but in case there are any newer players wondering about the viability of the Lazy Pally.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Jan 3, 2016, 12:09:13 AM
Hi,
I'm lvl 75 templar with more or less same items -> catalyst, remorse, 5L belly of the beast, rainbowstride, romiras banquet and anvil.. I cant get over 20k dps with static strike.
I use same skill tree as you do.. can you tell me where the mistake might be..? (i use herald of ash + hatred)
Thanks you for good full block build idea. I use this gear

and my lighting strike has 35k tooltip dps (0.18 aps)
"
Khavali wrote:
Today I happened upon this little beauty:

Claws are great! Too bad good claws for endgame are too expensive. GGG should come out with a unique claw that is actually good, comparable to Doryani's. I love whirling blades, I think it is the best movement skill. It's the most responsive. Leap Slam has a lot of lag and placement issues which is dangerous if you are relying on it to get you out of the way of something like a flameblast. Whirling blades does take some practice however. I think I figured out how to make the most of it after about a week of use.

Incidentally you can't use leap slam with a claw anyway so don't change your colors. (Requires an axe, mace, sword or staff.)

You should probably use some whetstones on that claw.
"
DJProvaz wrote:
Hi,
I'm lvl 75 templar with more or less same items -> catalyst, remorse, 5L belly of the beast, rainbowstride, romiras banquet and anvil.. I cant get over 20k dps with static strike.
I use same skill tree as you do.. can you tell me where the mistake might be..? (i use herald of ash + hatred)

The build takes a lot of good damage nodes at very high levels. Basically I establish the defences first and then progress into the offence. So if you are following the guide exactly you have a lot of damage yet to come from the tree as you level up. The biggest bump comes around level 86 when you start going crit. You can take all the DPS nodes now if you want instead of some defences but you just won't be as tanky. Up to you. Also a 5-link lightning coil, abyssus, hatred and purity of lightning is a lot more damage than your setup. See my current gear section on page one. Just a thought, might be too spendy/difficult depending on how into trading you are. If that option does not appeal, you can always upgrade ring and glove slots for more damage. Also look for an attack speed corrupted anvil if you want to stay with that amulet.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 3, 2016, 1:35:18 PM
"
man0ngi wrote:
Thanks you for good full block build idea. I use this gear

and my lighting strike has 35k tooltip dps (0.18 aps)

I've tested Lightning Strike after 2.1 and it is pretty good now. Trouble is several of the good damage nodes we take don't work with the projectiles. Certainly the skill still works, it kills monsters. I would suggest that if you really want to stay with physical to lightning support you would have to take a mana leech node on the passive skill tree in order not to run out of mana. I'd probably use added fire damage instead and a leech ring (romira's works) or jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info