[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Matthew577 wrote:
Okay thanks, I guess that makes sense since the physical roll is giving the elemental % even more to increase by. Also is that tooltip dps increase or actual? I'm not quite sure how to calculate my actual dps from what the tooltip says. In regards to the mana problems I mentioned in an earlier post I've gotten 3 of my Jewels with block chance to also have mana leech so I've been able to fix mana issues now. Thanks for all your help with this build, this is the first melee armor char I've done.

Tooltip in hideout so no buffs other than hatred, HoA. As I mentioned in the edit that's for Static Strike not Cyclone.

For Static, multiply tooltip by 1.6 to figure the explosion (40% less than primary hit). the rest of the skills I assume the tooltip is about what you get. Cyclone does "seem" to work better than the relatively low tooltip would lead me to think though.

Good solution on mana. A poor man's solution is Poacher's Mark (a curse) which I've started testing.
So happy to see this thread is still running in 2015 and Sovyn actively involved. Have to say your updated awakening tree is v solid with the several jewel slots offering plenty of flexibility. Adopted your secondary gem combos too.
"
karmasopa wrote:
Hi Sovyn and all Lazy Pallys!
I want to share some data for sword users.

I was playing the crit version of the tree for a few days. Yesterday I respecced 13 points to make something similiar to what I was playing in 1.3 (RT and static strike). Now I have more dps and max block without any jewels. Feels much better now and I still have some space for spell block/leech on jewels.

I'm glad you found something you are happy with my friend. :) Since you have RT still, I'd try to drop Precision and get Strong Arm instead, even if you have to give up one jewel socket for now. Well worth it for RT build.
"
Quixote77 wrote:
So happy to see this thread is still running in 2015 and Sovyn actively involved. Have to say your updated awakening tree is v solid with the several jewel slots offering plenty of flexibility. Adopted your secondary gem combos too.

Welcome back after nearly 2 years Quixote77 :)

Glad you found the guide helpful once again!
Please excuse my noob question. Why do you recommend Romira's Banquet which has +crit strike but in the talent tree you have Resolute Technique selected which says "Never deal critical strikes"
"
eppix26 wrote:
Please excuse my noob question. Why do you recommend Romira's Banquet which has +crit strike but in the talent tree you have Resolute Technique selected which says "Never deal critical strikes"

No problem, eppix. The RT keystone is taken at low levels as the character's damage will go up quite a bit, and then at levels over roughly 85 RT is removed and we take some crit chance and accuracy. Romira's is only recommended for high level.
I CAN CONFIRM THAT 0.80% MANA LEECH IS ENOUTH FOR OUR MANA ISSUE.(I DONT KNOW YET ABOUT HALF MANA REGEN MAPS)(NO REGEN MAPS IS FINE!)
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 21, 2015, 2:58:56 AM
"
sockgr wrote:
I CAN CONFIRM THAT 0.80% MANA LEECH IS ENOUTH FOR OUR MANA ISSUE.(I DONT KNOW YET ABOUT HALF MANA REGEN MAPS)(NO REGEN MAPS IS FINE!)

If no regen maps=fine, then half regen should be even easier.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:

If no regen maps=fine, then half regen should be even easier.

WELL HALF REGEN IS KINDA WIRD... U SOMEHOW HALF LEECH OR THE REGEN OF LEECH IS GO HALF. :/
"
Hi,

Im using your build at the moment for Tempest and it seems o be working fairly well so thanks! Had some slow progression with the struggle to get a decent 1H and still hunting a 5-6link chest. I just wanted to know what gems you suggest to have quality on?

I found a 14% qual blood rage, is there any downside to using it (in the 4 link you suggest - golem - tempest shielf - CWDT - BR) Im a bit of noob so dont want to hunt any gems that dont benefit with quality, but i found this so i figure its worth it (over leveled many of my gems haha had to orb of regret/scouring :/)?

Also is your passive leveling guide based on pre 2.0? I am almost at level 60 and i dont seem to have as many passives?

Finally, for Act 4 Piety Cruel (struggled in normal), i have 55% phys reduction, 24% evasion, 50% block chance and max resist - do you have any other suggestions to survive other than a remove bleed flask and maybe a granite flask?

Cheers!!

Hi Sixer! For future reference I like to have questions posted to the thread publicly so others can see the answers maybe they will help someone else, you never know :)

5-link chest: get a white one for 2 chaos and roll it a few times to get life and a resist or two. Master craft a third useful property on it.

Quality gems: All of the ones supporting your main attack skill save blood magic (if used). Other gems it does not matter much though Herald of Ash quality is OK to have. If you have quality blood rage already, use it.

The leveling builds are current. It's possible you didn't pick the skill point in one or more of the bandit quests or did not do the Tasuni quests in act 4 or any of the other assorted quests that give books of skill. The leveling builds are approximate so it may not match up to the point. A common mistake is to take the jewel sockets, I don't take them that early on.

Watch my act 4 video on page 1 of my forum guide. Piety is the first one shown. basically just stay to her back and away from the beam. Move in a circular fashion. If you do that I don't think your stats matter much.

I'd be very skittish trying Malachai alone in hardcore with any build but good luck. :D You can do it with enough practice and focus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info