[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Yeah you are probably right :D , i will try w/o BM .
For now i am only level 35 in the Tempest league and have no friend in this one, so i'm a bit struggling but i don't lose hope ^-^
Great, detailed build!
I am going to try it and then double it :) I mean both me and a friend of mine will be running it, one as Marauder and one as Templar, so we don't get confused :)

Talking about Marauder: does it not look tempting to take the 5 Increased Melee Phys Damage nodes leading from the Born to Fight notable to the Mara start? They seem too powerful to pass on. Or is the "Physical" part of the bonus not optimal (e.g. Molten strike has a non-physical component). What do you think?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Jul 20, 2015, 9:47:13 AM
I'm currently level 82 in warbands and was wondeirng how important it is to get the doryani's catalyst. I just found my second exault drop so I could afford it but then I can't buy anything else. I guess what I'm asking is will I notice a very big difference by using the weapon and should I maybe try and wait around for one with better stats to go on the market.
(also my current weapon is 255 pdps axe)
could you possible add your flasks to your current gear section?
"
Jadran wrote:
Talking about Marauder: does it not look tempting to take the 5 Increased Melee Phys Damage nodes leading from the Born to Fight notable to the Mara start? They seem too powerful to pass on. Or is the "Physical" part of the bonus not optimal (e.g. Molten strike has a non-physical component). What do you think?

Welcome, Jadran! :)

Yes those nodes will work. Physical conversion skills like Molten, Static, Lightning (strike) benefit from physical nodes like these. These skills scale best on physical damage increases. However, I'd probably take the armor and life nodes instead then drop a couple life nodes on my final tree to compensate for the two points you lost.
"
Gourmandise wrote:
Yeah you are probably right :D , i will try w/o BM .
For now i am only level 35 in the Tempest league and have no friend in this one, so i'm a bit struggling but i don't lose hope ^-^

Even in Tempest there are several 5-link chests for a chaos or two which you will find soon. Most of those guys would probably even take the equivalent in fusings.
http://poe.trade/search/umasekonatugat

That dragonscale would be best because it's easier to roll red sockets on something with armour on it.

Best of luck!
"
Matthew577 wrote:
I'm currently level 82 in warbands and was wondeirng how important it is to get the doryani's catalyst. I just found my second exault drop so I could afford it but then I can't buy anything else. I guess what I'm asking is will I notice a very big difference by using the weapon and should I maybe try and wait around for one with better stats to go on the market.
(also my current weapon is 255 pdps axe)

You will see a big jump in DPS over a 255 pdps weapon. Doryani's is a bit better for us than a 350 pdps rare. It's worth it. I'd go for one with 300 pdps or more, the elemental roll is not as important for my build IMO. Mine only has an 86% elemental roll.

Edit - tested it again to give you a better idea, 7000 dps difference between 360 pdps rare and my Doryani's. This is with Static Strike 6L 20/20.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 20, 2015, 4:17:46 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
You will see a big jump in DPS over a 255 pdps weapon. Doryani's is a bit better for us than a 350 pdps rare. It's worth it. I'd go for one with 300 pdps or more, the elemental roll is not as important for my build IMO. Mine only has an 86% elemental roll.

Edit - tested it again to give you a better idea, 7000 dps difference between 360 pdps rare and my Doryani's.

Okay thanks, I guess that makes sense since the physical roll is giving the elemental % even more to increase by. Also is that tooltip dps increase or actual? I'm not quite sure how to calculate my actual dps from what the tooltip says. In regards to the mana problems I mentioned in an earlier post I've gotten 3 of my Jewels with block chance to also have mana leech so I've been able to fix mana issues now. Thanks for all your help with this build, this is the first melee armor char I've done.
"
willypop wrote:
could you possible add your flasks to your current gear section?

Done, but my flasks are probably not optimal.
Hi Sovyn and all Lazy Pallys!
I want to share some data for sword users.

I was playing the crit version of the tree for a few days. Yesterday I respecced 13 points to make something similiar to what I was playing in 1.3 (RT and static strike). Now I have more dps and max block without any jewels. Feels much better now and I still have some space for spell block/leech on jewels.
Details below.

Skill_tree          

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4CEQMnBIcEswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRQgFSAYXRm0Gj4brRzOHt8j9iSbKk0rUCzpLYMvzDB8Mk41kjwFPC087z0PPeI_J0CgQXRE0ka3R35I7krITGBNkk8ET1ZQR1FgXz9i7GVNZ5to8m6qcql07XiueTl673vDfNl-4oLkg8yE2YTvhrOKr4rkjX2PmZARm-yiAKOKo-eplayvrj6vbK-nsz-18raKtz69Nr6nvrzAZsC_wYLEFcT2xq7RNtNv037UUtfL2L3aweIs5FHp1e8O73rvfPAf8wb2o_cy9037qv4K_lQ=

Stats          

Peak dps (with Hatred, Herald of ash, Atziri`s Promise flask)

Defence with Tempest Shield (without Fortify, charges and Molten Shell)

Last edited by karmasopa on Jul 20, 2015, 4:29:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info