[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
vick666 wrote:

It would be possibly expensive to craft a better shield than that, unless you got very lucky with a few chaos (low odds, would not recommend). Pretty good find. :)
Hi again,

just checking in and saw that this awesome thread and build is still alive. Great work!
Made me download the game again too see if softcore could be fun, since i doubt i could bring myself to start play HC again.
But after a few map runs it's sadly very annoying to play in softcore, so much spam in global and trades and all the talk about bots...and havent seen any from my friendlist online. And the party list is only about selling.

Well got maybe 140pages to read too catch up :)

No new areas are kinda dissapointin, but my old rusty axe cleaves nice still, and this build is perfect for an old slow player.

Just wish it was more new fun map/zones. And better social experience then the silly spam in the game.

//Hiero the grumpy
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Hi again,

just checking in and saw that this awesome thread and build is still alive. Great work!
Made me download the game again too see if softcore could be fun, since i doubt i could bring myself to start play HC again.
But after a few map runs it's sadly very annoying to play in softcore, so much spam in global and trades and all the talk about bots...and havent seen any from my friendlist online. And the party list is only about selling.

Well got maybe 140pages to read too catch up :)

No new areas are kinda dissapointin, but my old rusty axe cleaves nice still, and this build is perfect for an old slow player.

Just wish it was more new fun map/zones. And better social experience then the silly spam in the game.

//Hiero the grumpy

Hello Hierokliff! Good to see one of the earlier lazy pallies again!

Yes, I keep all global chats disabled. I find them pretty immature in any game I've played.

New content coming up March 5th! Don't miss it. :)
/global 5055 is often quite mature :)

Speaking about Reddit.. There will be a sticky for newcomers coming soon, your build will most likely be added to this sticky. Link. I thought you might like to hear about it :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
/global 5055 is often quite mature :)

Speaking about Reddit.. There will be a sticky for newcomers coming soon, your build will most likely be added to this sticky. Link. I thought you might like to hear about it :)

Oh, great! Thanks for the heads up Appels, I appreciate that. Always happy to help new or otherwise. Will be updating the guide relatively promptly for 1.1 and as needed too.
IGN: Wanderiin
"
kossuvissy wrote:

Planned this for Invasion (no resists & leech on passives because its planned for top end gear).

What you think? Dps is going to be poor without 6link & +300dps weapon but whatever, I just wanna be tank as ..... :D

Hi kossuvissy. Bottom line, it's too soon for 1.1 builds as we don't have the new tree yet unfortunately. Comments to follow are based on 1.0.6. I'm taking the damage (amplify, one handed damage and life) nodes a little bit earlier in the progression builds now, but what you have works too. Damage nodes are really not that big of a deal, we get far more from flat physical on gear and better weapons than from anything on the tree. Last few damage nodes I took added 100-300 DPS each or something really low like that. I think amplify is useful for us though. You are missing the 1.5 regen node though which is a token for chaos degen maps. I understand if you have great resists on gear, the upper route from Scion area is fine though. Just means you need a little regen, more resists and some leech on gear. :) (Claw + Crest of Perandus is pretty good for leech.)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kossuvissy wrote:

Planned this for Invasion (no resists & leech on passives because its planned for top end gear).

What you think? Dps is going to be poor without 6link & +300dps weapon but whatever, I just wanna be tank as ..... :D

Hi kossuvissy. Bottom line, it's too soon for 1.1 builds as we don't have the new tree yet unfortunately. Comments to follow are based on 1.0.6. I'm taking the damage (amplify, one handed damage and life) nodes a little bit earlier in the progression builds now, but what you have works too. Damage nodes are really not that big of a deal, we get far more from flat physical on gear and better weapons than from anything on the tree. Last few damage nodes I took added 100-300 DPS each or something really low like that. I think amplify is useful for us though. You are missing the 1.5 regen node though which is a token for chaos degen maps. I understand if you have great resists on gear, the upper route from Scion area is fine though. Just means you need a little regen, more resists and some leech on gear. :) (Claw + Crest of Perandus is pretty good for leech.)

Yeah, dropped amplify because in the end with great gear i will have 20% qual melee splash ofc. So when lvling, gonna take shield resist nodes, amplify etc. And dropping them out when get gear :)

Yeah need to wait for new tree :P
IGN: Wanderiin
Added a new video finally to the video section. This reflects the updated clearing technique that I use (not that it's perfect or anything, I need faster attacks linked to whirling blades, and a better weapon of course). My computer can't handle recording and playing very well so it's an easy map. No point dying to lag I make myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyWA8X60Es

If nothing else, it should show that the build presents a fairly low risk even for a casual player.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 1, 2014, 10:03:36 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Snagged another 12% damage/6% life node today. Gained around 100 DPS, which is fine, but it's such a tiny gain relative to the total that it just once again proves how insignificant damage related nodes are in general for non-crit builds.

So if I understand correctly, would you say that it's generally not worth taking damage nodes with this build unless they are very high (24 or 30 percent increase)? I can see where you're coming from, but my damage is already low enough - 2.7 k single target - with a number of nodes taken that I would'nt really want it to go much lower. Of course, a high-end weapon is going to provide more DPS, but they are too expensive for me right now (Axe or non-Axe) so I'll probably stick with my 222 DPS until I find a better one.

Also really starting to hate Melee Splash for taking up the link and reducing damage, might end up going with Reave and Swords anyway after the re-spec...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Mar 2, 2014, 8:48:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info