block chance reduction gem nerfed by 10% across the board

"
phatdood wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
I like the changes overall. My only concerns:

-Puncture is unchanged.
-Life is scarce. Fights will be short and 1 shot heavy
-EK is just getting more and more benefits all the time. im scared how it will end up.

Puncture is buffed significantly, look at shadow

It really doesn't matter much though. It's always been sort of a glass cannon, good in team games bad in 1v1s

except with clever construction its gonna be a lot better now in 1v1.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
"
phatdood wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

-Puncture is unchanged.
-EK is just getting more and more benefits all the time. im scared how it will end up.

It really doesn't matter much though. It's always been sort of a glass cannon, good in team games bad in 1v1s

except with clever construction its gonna be a lot better now in 1v1.

Destroying the trap was never the issue its having block and dodge. Then its easy mode.
"
phatdood wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

-Puncture is unchanged.

Yea i mean't it hasn't been nerfed as it should. I think most people agree that it is too strong in it's current state.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:

Yea i mean't it hasn't been nerfed as it should. I think most people agree that it is too strong in it's current state.

Bow puncture builds are dominating melee in LLD?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

Nope
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
phatdood wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

-Puncture is unchanged.

I think puncture should be nerfed and some other hard hitting physical damage bow skill needs to be added to the game. Most bow skills are phys scaled elemental converted damage skills aside from barrage which is still kinda weak. Puncture does so well because of its Raw damage scaling and then ofcourse the bleed which has no resistance other than phys damage reduction.

If they nerfed puncture and added a more heavy hitting single shot skill, say something like "ballistic arrow" which was something that had good phys scaling and proj speed with a snare/knockback or something to give bows a way to some way to kite or keep distance, bows would be amazing.

Punctures DOT needs some ceiling because a crit hit on a low armored enemy literally drains full health after potting in 2 seconds. I know remove bleeding flasks exist but entire teams are being bleed multiple times per round on team pvp matches. It seems over powered to me if every enemy needs to carry multiple remove bleeding flasks because the other team has 1 puncture char. It makes sense with warding flasks because EVERYONE is using curses.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
I don't get how melee guys can complain about puncture being too OP and in need of a nerf, when melee builds regularly outclass them.

Shouldn't melee in LLD be nerfed first then in that case?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
I don't get how melee guys can complain about puncture being too OP and in need of a nerf, when melee builds regularly outclass them.

Shouldn't melee in LLD be nerfed first then in that case?

And in HLD melee is shitty, exception dagger
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

Nope

"

RANK____ACCOUNT______CHARACTER_______WINS__LOSS__GAMES PLAYED
2.______Lordsidro____LordOfTheDumpster____13_____1_____14

It seems puncture destroys more matchups than you let believe. You always act like puncture is weak against all melees which is absolutely not the case. Puncture build loses against one maybe two very specific builds and absolutely destroys everything else. Furthermore, in teams, puncture always wins the game (in a non-tournament environment ofc*). I won;t argue if it is the best build or not, but it has a ridiculously high amount of favorable matchups and thats just fact.

Also puncture builds are not done yet. They can get strong by getting +1 arrow on bow and quiver so they can drop LMP for more damage. They have a nice choice of quivers to corrupt as well like Brodestroke (inexpensive and has nice damage bonus due to how puncture works) or even Readguard for defensiveness (that armor and block.....) As well as just improving gear in general. AND in 1.2.0 all bows have received a damage upgrade (source: i played Taiwanese clients and all bows starting by short bow have all had their low end/high end improved and in some cases the crit/atk spd also improved)
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Aug 15, 2014, 1:17:58 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:

-Puncture is unchanged.

I feel like the last change to EK was a nerf. With the decrease in damage it made granites much better of a counter.
IGN: Beardedwizzard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info