1.2 Bow Buffs: Skills, Bows, Passives (and Cleave)

Read the wording:

"
We are looking at improving bow

Nothing has been improved yet.

Your options are:
1."Soon"

2. We spend 5 min to buff bow and skills into something totally ridicolous creating the flavour or season 9.

This is the same as promising "CT is coming back" and there were less CT events than in Season 2.
inb4 unkillable turbo brutus
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
What Turbo races.

And he isn't unkillable you just won't be able to attack him because of skeletons being constantly surrounding you.
Passive resists for ranger on the new skill tree?

Damn I'm impressed, I could kiss who ever made this happen on GGG.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
gg I was scion

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pebXaiaWlJKyD8nKk0VICzp3Q2mjVuvdU7A82XwfPWKIsCm_MV46wqb
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Shadows have 78% ele dmg (double dip), 28% fire dmg (double dip) and 47% dmg over time by lvl 16. Dat balance Kappa

Edit: With 3 more levels, you can get an additional 29% trap damage (also double dip) :^)

And...just looking at the numbers looks like witch got nerfed as i predicted (2 points less efficient).
Hopefully the extra second qs duration from Alchemist is good enough to make up for that.

Its ok though, we now finally have +20str/+20dex node. Too bad it costs us another 2 points because those nodes aren't on the path.

Edit: That might not be true actually...i need to test if a little less damage is still enough.
If it is, the tree is 1 point more efficient.

Edit 2: Nevermind... the new witch tree is OP.

Ranger tree is amazing for Cleave, they really need to buff bow base dmg a lot to make RoA ranger the best racing strat.
Also, careful with buffing Cleave too much, Marauders/Duelists can get "by the blade" and if leap slam ever stops being the best, i know a lot of people will rage :^)
Last edited by tagpt on Aug 14, 2014, 4:34:49 AM
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
gg I was scion

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pebXaiaWlJKyD8nKk0VICzp3Q2mjVuvdU7A82XwfPWKIsCm_MV46wqb

lol scions are going to have to go to the shadow tree now for both caster/ST...
Last edited by Rithz on Aug 14, 2014, 9:19:03 AM
After trying out the Garena PoE version...
Witches are a little worse in 1h vanilla races but they should be better in docks races. Also better in EL and Descent.

On a side note, the new Brutus seems way easier but the new Merv is insane. I almost died 2/3 times even with a cold ring LOL

Edit: Overall, racing is a little easier with the +life per lvl buff. But there are certainly things that are different... sparkers in sins3 can kill you very fast with the 1shock stack 50% dmg. Viper Strike is completely imbalanced and i expect them to change it. You cannot outregen 2stack viper strike with a potion of your level. With 2 stacks, you either TP to town or you die.
Also, it seems with the new mobs you overlvl zones easier, might just have been my mob density though.

Some zones got worse with new mobs (caverns lvl1, ancient pyr for example) and there's an invader in docks lol

Edit 2: To try and keep somewhat on topic instead of derailing the thread with caster stuff...

Bow changes:

The numbers in [] are the OLD values.

crude bow: 3-9 [3-10], 1.4 [1.2] as
short bow: 4-13 [4-11], 1.5 [1.55] as
long bow: 6-23 [6-22], 1.3 [1.2] as
composite bow: 12-28 [11-25], 1.2 as
recurve bow: 13-39 [12-35], 1.15 as
bone bow: 12-37 [11-33], 1.35 as
royal bow: 11-42 [9-38], 1.4 as

Rangers still have the same shit quest rewards at the start.

lvl 1 burning arrow: 50% phys dmg converted to fire, 130% base dmg, 20% chance to ignite, 10% inc burning dmg (5 mana cost)
3% ipd, 1% burning dmg per lvl

split arrow and poison arrow unchanged.
rain of arrows: 11 mana cost instead of 12 at lvl 1 (lolol)

Pretty shy buffs, probably not good enough to compete vs a nerfed ST or a unnerfed cleave. Thats my guess at least.
Last edited by tagpt on Aug 14, 2014, 8:49:30 PM
If Viper strike doesn't get nerfed, Shadows will finally be able to kill Gravicius in Descent Champions.

Shadows in general look ridiculously strong now for racing, but I was assuming they would still be handcuffed by crappy gem rewards. Do you know if they get Flameblast after Brutus now? If so, all hail the new racing overlord.
the bow buffs Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
Spoiler
ResidentSleeper
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info