Are we gonna pretend that...

"
cwu wrote:

What makes me sad is that the policy of this forum of no naming and shaming and no cheating software discussion basically protects the cheaters. Not only can't i call out the person, i can't even link to the cheats forum so that people who are unaware about the cheats in PoE could actually see what the software can help you with in races and how the usage of the software can explain some of the results. I can't show that the thread with the new cheat has 47,5k+ views which means that at least 4k people downloaded it. I refuse to believe that there's noone out there not using new software for racing. The rules should protect the fair players, not the cheaters.

Don't let it get to you. There are many cheaters, just sometimes some dont hide it or they will maybe have an acquired skill set and still cheat, those are the ones that standout above all. We can only do so much and provide so much info to point out the flaws or point out where things do not make sense. It's extremely disheartening at times but so much out of our hands, I feel like we just have to keep providing such information like you and others have been doing.

I am not for one to breakdown all the collective data and stats to find the weird patterns or the inconstancy / consistency but the info is definitely there.
how about endless ledge results btw ? Cheats arent helping much in endless ledge imo
i checked it myself and it seems the suspected player got nice results, with templar.

so i think it's still a very good player

there is one possibility left: "turbo/speed/wallhack" hack, but im not sure it's that much possible in POE.

"
Lyralei wrote:
with the zoomhack/maphack/blues everywhere, he can flameblast from safe distances.

This is pretty valid point, almost forgot it, Flamblast from 3 screens away.... But doesnt apply in Endless ledge, on the other hand Firestorm does.

Zoomhack is insane for that, remote aoe lol. Figured out.

=> Asking GGG to cap the max distance possible with those spells (if there isnt one already)
Last edited by Universalis on Jul 11, 2014, 10:20:00 AM
"
Universalis wrote:
how about endless ledge results btw ? Cheats arent helping much in endless ledge imo
i checked it myself and it seems the suspected player got nice results, with templar.

He has played 18 EL races and won 2 of them (both on his 1st account, only played 5 races on his 2nd account). That's a horrible result if you compare it to his performance in other race types.

There is a distance cap on spell casting so zoomhack does not improve it. Some time ago people could abuse zoomhack with ranged skills like split arrow. I believe it has been fixed since then.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Last edited by cwu on Jul 11, 2014, 10:23:21 AM
"
cwu wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

He has played 18 EL races and won 2 of them (both on his 1st account, only played 5 races on his 2nd account). That's a horrible result if you compare it to his performance in other race types.

1st Templar
7th Templar
5th Templar
5th Templar
2nd Templar
3rd Templar
1st Templar
... etc....

not "horrible" imo

nb: i will not push it more, i think it's a good player that may probably use hacks, the trick of zoomhack AOE from 4 screens away is terrible, also maybe it could works with leapslam and ROA ? Then it's completely OP :>
Last edited by Universalis on Jul 11, 2014, 10:31:26 AM
"
cwu wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

There is a distance cap on spell casting so zoomhack does not improve it. Some time ago people could abuse zoomhack with ranged skills like split arrow. I believe it has been fixed since then.

Still able to get like one to three firestorms off targets at distance while the monster is out of aggro range which makes a fairly large difference.

But the biggest deal is that the hack informs you about things near you which means unlike regular players, they will be aware of deadly monsters.

"
Universalis wrote:
1st Templar
7th Templar
5th Templar
5th Templar
2nd Templar
3rd Templar
1st Templar
... etc....

not "horrible" imo

nb: i will not push it more, i think it's a good player that may probably use hacks, the trick of zoomhack AOE from 4 screens away is terrible, also maybe it could works with leapslam and ROA ? Then it's completely OP :>

I could come 10 minutes late to an EL and still get top 10 of a class. cwu means horrible when compared to his ridiculously good performance in D:C and Burst.

Logically speaking, if you were good enough to blow all the competition out of the water in D:C, your skillset should transfer over to EL and you SHOULD be winning most of the time, but obviously this is not the case.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 11, 2014, 10:33:53 AM
"

are you sure and wich skills ? this is very important point of your discussion, because GGG can easy fix those imo (considering max range it's only a variable)
"
Lyralei wrote:

Logically speaking, if you were good enough to blow all the competition out of the water in D:C, your skillset should transfer over to EL and you SHOULD be winning most of the time, but obviously this is not the case.

The sample is too short to be 100% sure imo, this was all i meant...

Finally the only thing that would convince me should be to check endless ledge results after a fix that reduce the max range of skills (if it's not fixed already)
Also to check the player activity just after a patch, but pointers can be adapted in like no-time, depends of the patch.

Theres also this wallhack thing that woke me up in this topic:

I remember some months ago a player that was able to reach merveil in like -5 seconds- (merv runs... invasion start) meaning not only he was able to do far "warping" but also through the walls.

Last edited by Universalis on Jul 11, 2014, 10:47:56 AM
The 12min Bust results clearly show the abuse of some players.

I lose a lot of experience in Rocky Climb, so I rush to steelpoint most of the time.

This is the area they suddenly jump up.
Same thing in LP/UP.

"
cwu wrote:
What makes me sad is that the policy of this forum of no naming and shaming and no cheating software discussion basically protects the cheaters. Not only can't i call out the person, i can't even link to the cheats forum so that people who are unaware about the cheats in PoE could actually see what the software can help you with in races and how the usage of the software can explain some of the results. I can't show that the thread with the new cheat has 47,5k+ views since March 18 which means that at least 4k people downloaded it.

First: reddit.

Second: the evidence you can't post on the forums should be emailed to GGG. The naming and shaming policy is there for a reason, but it's not to protect cheaters, it's to protect the innocent. Email GGG, i'm sure they are very interested in all this and will not hesitate to ban his accounts if provided with evidence. Even this thread alone plus the data they have access to may be enough, but i would definitely email GGG.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
cwu wrote:
Well i haven't seen a single racer banned for cheating. Have you?

yes, actually, i have. me. i got suspended for maphacking, not sure i should disclose the details but support helped me get it sorted.

in other words: if they get the right evidence i do believe they'll ban. so as unsane said i would try emailing GGG about this and provide as much evidence as possible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info