The State of this season

"
Rithz wrote:
:( I feel your pain but shadow was just as bad if not worse than witch in descent that one season.

Pain indeed. There are problems when a class is underpowered (or overpowered) too much. IMO both circumstances require less skill/strategy to do well. Non-standard races like EL, Decent, and DC can amplify these problems even more. Furthermore the more overpowered/underpowered combined with the shortness of a race causes a bit of RNG (like a gem drop or certain density) to have too big of an impact on result. This can be fine at times such as a +1 fire weapon winning a burst race as long as that race isn't a sig race.

I agree with a lot of the things mentioned here for fixes such as better race schedule and less of an emphasis on EL/DC races. Also I feel like small tweaks to gem/item rewards and gem/item stats would solve a lot of problems.

It would also be neat to see some sort of future points/reward system for progression in standard races. Like X points for killing Vaal, Piety, Dominus, etc. And of course, races long enough to do so. Something like a 2 hour solo where a Dominus kill gives 10 points might be interesting.

"
Throzz wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:
:( I feel your pain but shadow was just as bad if not worse than witch in descent that one season.

Pain indeed. There are problems when a class is underpowered (or overpowered) too much. IMO both circumstances require less skill/strategy to do well. Non-standard races like EL, Decent, and DC can amplify these problems even more.

"Stop derailing the thread. Balance doesn't matter." - CWU, 2014
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Except he actully posted relevant information in 2nd and 3rd paragraph and didn't build a wall of complains about not getting ice nova in original descent or having to switch to flameblast when it came out.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Last edited by cwu on Jul 6, 2014, 8:19:15 PM
"
cwu wrote:
Except he actully posted relevant information in 2nd and 3rd paragraph and didn't build a wall of complains about not getting ice nova in original descent or having to switch to flameblast when it came out.

Look at you playing forum-police. "First paragraph about balance? IRRELEVANT"... "but the second and third paragraph make up for that."

So then please tell me how much of my post can be dedicated to balance issues and how much of it has to be talking about other issues for it to be "relevant"?

Is the ratio 1:2, 2:1, 1:3,...? You should probably write a newsletter explaining the details to people, or better yet ask GGG to post a sticky thread that reminds us of what exactly cwu has decided is acceptable for people to post and what isn't.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 6, 2014, 8:28:37 PM
I've decided that if at least half of your messages result in Hillbert level walls of text regarding the same problem over and over again, you should not be surprised when GGG doesn't listen to your feedback.

"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
"
cwu wrote:
I've decided that if at least half of your messages result in Hillbert level walls of text regarding the same problem over and over again, you should not be surprised when GGG doesn't listen to your feedback.

As if that is actually a criterion. GGG doesn't listen to feedback.. period. So I'm in fact not surprised that GGG doesn't listen to my feedback either.

The only hope I have is to draw attention to the issues that are relevant to me on this forum and I don't care if you think that my posts are "too long" or "too repetitive".

I wasn't the one that brought balance into this thread, it was Rithz himself and I'm sorry to say this but that's just the natural flow in any conversation (in other words "nobody's fault"). People don't always purely discuss the content of the OP, it's pretty natural actually that people eventually start talking about other things that are only semi-relevant to the original topic.

And it's strange that you make me out to be the "bad guy" here who was derailing the thread by talking about balance when I was merely responding to a comment about balance.

If you have a personal problem with me that's fine, you have made it very clear to me in the past that (for whatever reason) you don't like me, but don't pretend that this is about my posts or "your moral high ground", because that's nonsense.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 6, 2014, 9:04:13 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
cwu wrote:

As if that is actually a criterion. GGG doesn't listen to feedback.. period. So I'm in fact not surprised that GGG doesn't listen to my feedback either.

The only hope I have is to draw attention to the issues that are relevant to me on this forum and I don't care if you think that my posts are "too long" or "too repetitive".

I wasn't the one that brought balance into this thread, it was Rithz himself and I'm sorry to say this but that's just the natural flow in any conversation (in other words "nobody's fault"). People don't always purely discuss the content of the OP, it's pretty natural actually that people eventually start talking about other things that are only semi-relevant to the original topic.

And it's strange that you make me out to be the "bad guy" here who was derailing the thread by talking about balance when I was merely responding to a comment about balance.

If you have a personal problem with me that's fine, you have made it very clear to me in the past that (for whatever reason) you don't like me, but don't pretend that this is about my posts or "your moral high ground", because that's nonsense.

#quiverlessbros4life
If you want to get attention to your thoughts on the problem, don't show up in any balance conversation and be like "yeah man, that's true, but you know, ranger have it the worst! The bows are terr...". Create a thread and express your ideas. Succesfsul examples in this subforum:

by Morsexier:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/690474

by nugiyen:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/535630

And i can tell you the reason straight away: i don't like people who wage their wars on forums instead of the actual game. And that's exactly what you do here, because every time you engage into "conversation" with someone it's just walls of text over and over again, pointing out flawed arguments, critizing the logic of your opponent and so on. I can show you a couple of threads as an example if you want to.

*** This post was a 97% derail ***
*** CWU Anti-derail software 1.12 ***

"
cwu wrote:

And i can tell you the reason straight away: i don't like people who wage their wars on forums instead of the actual game. And that's exactly what you do here, because every time you engage into "conversation" with someone it's just walls of text over and over again, pointing out flawed arguments, critizing the logic of your opponent and so on. I can show you a couple of threads as an example if you want to.

I mean now you are basically telling me that "if you read a post by someone and think it's illogical/wrong/flawed, etc.. don't point out the flaws in their arguments, just keep your mouth shut and let their arguments go by unchallenged."

Well, ok....

edit:
"
cwu wrote:
i don't like people who wage their wars on forums instead of the actual game.

lol I just realized this... are you advocating for "trial by combat"?

Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 6, 2014, 9:53:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info