The State of this season

reave shadow new meta
The thing that frustrates me about shadows the most is everytime I play this class I am already handicapping myself from the top tier point reward. Difference between the top tier and the second tier is usually 3 points too.

1 hour races -- shadows barley hit 24.
Descent champs -- Shadow rarely hits 24 (take note this stupid shit class can't kill gravicious either)
Normal descent races -- shadow rarely hits 24
Last season the signature race one shadow hit 31 or 32?..with the 10 point bracket being 32.

So basically playing a shadow makes you lose 3~4 points a race, more in descent champs. Yes its very easy (atleast for me) to get first overall shadow most races, but I gain a net point of 1 if I could play a witch/templar instead and hit just the average level that class hits anyway.
Last edited by Rithz on Jul 6, 2014, 12:37:43 PM
"
Rithz wrote:
(take note this stupid shit class can't kill gravicious either)
But you love shadow!! =(
"
Rithz wrote:
The thing that frustrates me about shadows the most is everytime I play this class I am already handicapping myself from the top tier point reward. Difference between the top tier and the second tier is usually 3 points too.

1 hour races -- shadows barley hit 24.
Descent champs -- Shadow rarely hits 24 (take note this stupid shit class can't kill gravicious either)
Normal descent races -- shadow rarely hits 24
Last season the signature race one shadow hit 31 or 32?..with the 10 point bracket being 32.

So basically playing a shadow makes you lose 3~4 points a race, more in descent champs. Yes its very easy (atleast for me) to get first overall shadow most races, but I gain a net point of 1 if I could play a witch/templar instead and hit just the average level that class hits anyway.

Kind of the same thing with ranger, except that in normal races you get Spectral Throw. But in Vanilla Descent and D:C Ranger has exactly the same problems that shadow has.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
well the fact is that devs arent even trying to balance game. their maingoal is to attract casuals into racing by releasing op swords "for melee shadow" so casuals can get more points using the least skill requiring spell while having more fastpaced and easier gameplay (more radius and castspd, perfect for flameblast which already has too much dmg)

im guessing next season we just get nerfed flameblast which will be cleave/reave lvl useless and some other skill will be broken and op for 1~2 seasons. maybe this time it will be bows?
Last edited by janimauk on Jul 6, 2014, 2:12:27 PM
"
Rithz wrote:
(take note this stupid shit class can't kill gravicious either)

When Chris descends from the heavens and parts the sea of non-existent monsters, his guiding light shall point towards a blue skill gem that droppeth from Brutus.

Only then shall the prophecy be fulfilled and the chosen Shadow beat Gravicius, securing #1 signature and making all other shadows quit.
"
Rithz wrote:

Edited for the first 5 or 6 racing seasons:

So basically playing a s̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ witch makes you lose 3~4 points a race, more in descent c̶h̶a̶m̶p̶s̶. Yes I can get first overall s̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ witch most races, but I gain a net point of 1 if I could play a w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶/templar/shadow instead and hit just the average level that class hits anyway.
"
Throzz wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:

So basically playing a s̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ witch makes you lose 3~4 points a race, more in descent c̶h̶a̶m̶p̶s̶. Yes I can get first overall s̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ witch most races, but I gain a net point of 1 if I could play a w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶/templar/shadow instead and hit just the average level that class hits anyway.

Are you suggesting that it's ok for some classes to be overpowered now because they were underpowered in the past?

Why not just look at the status quo and make reasonable balance changes so that all classes are similarly strong?

The correct response to imbalance isn't to simply shift the balance in favor of previously underpowered classes, but to actually balance the game so that all classes are similarly strong.

One important thing that most people are missing is that when I say "buff ranger" or other people say "buff shadow" nobody is actually suggesting to buff ranger/shadow in ways that would make them overpowered, what people are saying is "buff ranger/shadow so that they can compete with other classes on a level playing field and hit first bracket reliably, just like all the other classes can."
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 6, 2014, 3:09:05 PM
"
Throzz wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:

:( I feel your pain but shadow was just as bad if not worse than witch in descent that one season.
"
Rithz wrote:
"
Throzz wrote:
"
Rithz wrote:

:( I feel your pain but shadow was just as bad if not worse than witch in descent that one season.

lol you just got guilt-tripped bro. weaksauce

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info