Dear Qarl and GGG. Re: DC swords

Season 9 Signature EL with same mobs for everybody or 15 minute Burst.

You heard it here first.
On the topic of regular descent, can we give Shadow a gem that doesn't suck? Seriously, go look at its rewards vs every other class. I hope you like WRATH or FLICKER STRIKE as a level 9 reward choice.
"
tagpt wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

With that season and subsequent seasons, the race is actually incredible well balanced now (with the exception of the false choice of medium flasks vs quicksilvers in the first chest).

Not saying you were saying "incredible well balanced" for a signature race but...
Before GGG reads this and ruins another season by choosing Descent as the signature:

. Most classes still don't have access to the best racing gems for their class making gem drops have too much impact

. If you have a bad zone past the skeletons zone, you will never catch up in terms of xp penalty

. No vendor

The problem is you're trying to shoehorn descent into normal racing. They operate in different paradigms.

Yes there are greater issues with the original Descent, they took away large chests which fucked this race over if you have a bad zone, since I'd argue that a bad zone in the current race meant you had a large chest zone, and it doesn't spawn anymore.

They would need to go and fix those issues to make the signature again, but all the pieces are there.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
tagpt wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:

With that season and subsequent seasons, the race is actually incredible well balanced now (with the exception of the false choice of medium flasks vs quicksilvers in the first chest).

Not saying you were saying "incredible well balanced" for a signature race but...
Before GGG reads this and ruins another season by choosing Descent as the signature:

. Most classes still don't have access to the best racing gems for their class making gem drops have too much impact

. If you have a bad zone past the skeletons zone, you will never catch up in terms of xp penalty

. No vendor

The problem is you're trying to shoehorn descent into normal racing. They operate in different paradigms.

Yes there are greater issues with the original Descent, they took away large chests which fucked this race over if you have a bad zone, since I'd argue that a bad zone in the current race meant you had a large chest zone, and it doesn't spawn anymore.

They would need to go and fix those issues to make the signature again, but all the pieces are there.

ignoring density rng, the biggest problem in descent is statue zone. whether you can run through it in 1min or you get stuck there for 3-5min because every single doorway is blocked by large statues. even with guaranteed medium its still possible to lose several minutes there

and id like to add that every other class gets offhand item from provisions besides ranger who has to play with shittiest spell with zero dmg until third zone which is completely retarded and has been QQd about since s3 but its obvious that devs dont care
Last edited by janimauk on Jun 18, 2014, 3:11:50 PM
"
janimauk wrote:

and id like to add that every other class gets offhand item from provisions besides ranger who has to play with shittiest spell with zero dmg until third zone which is completely retarded and has been QQd about since s3 but its obvious that devs dont care

I don't think ranger ever got truly buffed really, despite performing consistently below average in all non-standard races. I mean if ST didn't exist ranger would be just as bad in normal races aswell.

I wonder why, despite all the complaints, GGG never thought of just buffing bow skills in the early game. I think most of us (the people being retarded enough to even consider playing ranger) would love to go RoA instead of ST in normal races and I fail to see why GGG refuses to bring it up to par. I mean it's not even a terribly complicated fix, just remove crude bows and make short bows the starting bow, change split arrow to lvl 4 and let ranger start with RoA and buff the base damage of all bows by 20-30% up until lvl 30 or so.

Problem solved, you can now race as bow ranger in normal races and it simultaneously buffs ranger for D and DC aswell. Two birds, one stone.

edit: I mean think about it this way, a crude bow has the lowest DPS of any starting weapon in the game (including one-handers!!) and simultaneously can only be used with split arrow which hits 3 targets max.

How bizarre is that? Worst skill and worst starting weapon -> ranger gets the absolute shit end of the stick. It's almost retarded.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 18, 2014, 5:59:15 PM
Do you agree with me, that the only problem with the swords is the frenzy / move speed on frenzy charges?

Flameblast also needs a small nerf along with that and it would be fine i would think.
"
lPeeps wrote:

Flameblast also needs a small nerf along with that and it would be fine i would think.

It needs to be utterly fucking killed. It was performing very well even before all these needless buffs to it. I think only two or three racers were using it when it came out. If we had the pre-buffed flameblast, witch and templar dominance might not be such an issue.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 19, 2014, 7:10:23 AM
no, i agree with slix' general idea that rather than focusing on nerfing, the better option is to look at buffing other skills instead.
"
mallow wrote:
no, i agree with slix' general idea that rather than focusing on nerfing, the better option is to look at buffing other skills instead.

first rule of the race and season feedback is never to agree on any sort of bow ranger buffs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info