Dear Qarl and GGG. Re: DC swords

Your only options:

1. Do nothing. The records have been set, changing things makes them impossible to reach for every class but one or two.

2. Change to have some different balance with the starting uniques, and then delete every record and schedule 3-4 full days of Decent Champs at the end of the season to make up for the races already run.

Season 9: Consider having some trusted racers (doesn't have to be me, but someone who has won a race) have a gander at any possible changes.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Option 3, reposted verbatim from the main thread on this topic:

"
KoTao wrote:
Nerfing summers is out due to the obvious reason mentioned above, but buffing the other items to summer level would work just as well. Let everyone have stupidly op but equal uniques for the rest of the season, then balance the lot of them before the next season begins. Also allow doubles of all 1-hand weapons.

Theres clearly someone designing items/monsters who loves to go way overboard on their stats, so this shouldnt be hard to pull off.

Agree with having strong racers test new content before each season goes live as well. Putting the alpha server to good use would go a long way toward avoiding this sort of mess in the future.
IGN: KoTao
With this op swords you take away another rng layer - weapon rng, so RNG impact from density becomes more important. Now for witch and templar all you need is density. If u add op uniques that you can use for entire race for other classes and allow kill any mobs like nobrainer, density will became more important for them too.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Jun 17, 2014, 4:20:12 AM
"
jstq wrote:
With this op swords you take away another rng layer - weapon rng, so RNG impact from density becomes more important. Now for witch and templar all you need is density. If u add op uniques that you can use for entire race for other classes and allow kill any mobs like nobrainer, density will became more important for them too.

Shadow rankings were destroyed by Kheffin and Rithz today with what I assume to be good density in Halls 1 and 3. That's a 200k EXP difference with no Grav kill.

Unless there's some whack strategy which I missed.
Both Rithz and I basically full cleared Halls 3, so beating that record is going to come down to Halls 3 blue packs or killing Grav. I think neither of us had particularly stellar blue pack luck; with insane rng you can probably hit 24 without Grav.

I'm just sad because these are simple issues to fix, and I'm not sure why we keep having them when I know I could have submitted useful and on the point feedback about these problems.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
maybe they think allowing players who actually compete at a high level into the planning/testing process would give already stellar players an unfair advantage.

not saying i necessarily believe so myself, just throwing it out there
"
mallow wrote:
maybe they think allowing players who actually compete at a high level into the planning/testing process would give already stellar players an unfair advantage.

True that. In that case they could post their "final" beta version publicly for discussion, *before* it's locked in for an entire season.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Jun 17, 2014, 7:35:01 PM
Or you know, used some part of the last 2 seasons to test this.

Descent in season 3 as the sig was introduced prematurely, lots of it was untested and unbalanced.

With that season and subsequent seasons, the race is actually incredible well balanced now (with the exception of the false choice of medium flasks vs quicksilvers in the first chest).

We had several seasons to gather data for balance on DC, and then all of that was dumped out the window with the 40 minute race coupled with these new uniques. Sort of silly when we could have had the last 5 races of last season as 40 min DC.
"
Morsexier wrote:

With that season and subsequent seasons, the race is actually incredible well balanced now (with the exception of the false choice of medium flasks vs quicksilvers in the first chest).

Not saying you were saying "incredible well balanced" for a signature race but...
Before GGG reads this and ruins another season by choosing Descent as the signature:

. Most classes still don't have access to the best racing gems for their class making gem drops have too much impact

. If you have a bad zone past the skeletons zone, you will never catch up in terms of xp penalty

. No vendor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info