So about those new swords in Descent Champs.

"
Rithz wrote:

Thats how I used to kill brutus on shadow. Pro tip: let freeze pulse + FT level.

Ran out of monsters to kill in area before :( Really tried for 12 for supports. Viper strike next time.
Devs should have had a "summer is coming" banner up as pre-season "hype".

Is there a single class that doesnt start with at least one of this sword now? Its bis for the entire race for half the cast and it looks like even ranger is best off with a pair of them running firetrap/reave until shortbow. Can only imagine its a complete lack of internal testing that lets such balance blunders make it into the game time and again.

Only real weakness of those swords is brutus, and its not hard to have a switch ready for that one early battle.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:

Is there a single class that doesnt start with at least one of this sword now? Its bis for the entire race for half the cast and it looks like even ranger is best off with a pair of them running firetrap/reave until shortbow. Can only imagine its a complete lack of internal testing that lets such balance blunders make it into the game time and again.

Only real weakness of those swords is brutus, and its not hard to have a switch ready for that one early battle.

Yeah, Scion does not start with them. I've tried making it work, but no results. But there's like 50 descent champs this season so flameblast will drop eventually.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

Yeah, Scion does not start with them. I've tried making it work, but no results. But there's like 50 descent champs this season so flameblast will drop eventually.

I ran scion today and went with my previous seasons corroded+hat combo as i didnt think the huge firetrap and frenzy charges would make up for the much weaker st, seems i was right then? Or were you trying to run the summers through the entire event?
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

Fire trap + ice nova clears way quicker unless you get lucky wep crafts. It just sucks on bosses. Thats where ST catches up.
"
KoTao wrote:

Bro, ranger never even gets fire trap.

Pretty sure its reave (LOL) into cleave (LOOOOL) into short bow with RoA.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
KoTao wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

I ran scion today and went with my previous seasons corroded+hat combo as i didnt think the huge firetrap and frenzy charges would make up for the much weaker st, seems i was right then? Or were you trying to run the summers through the entire event?

Yes, the plan was to run the summers trough everything. Idk why you'd ever replace them outside of finding something really good for grav. You would also have to make up for prismatic sockets, and good luck with that.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Jun 13, 2014, 10:59:30 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
Bro, ranger never even gets fire trap.

Pretty sure its reave (LOL) into cleave (LOOOOL) into short bow with RoA.

Must have been confusing some of their starter gems with scions. Been a couple seasons since ive run ranger in DC, and the wiki/forum chests lists are way out of date.

"
ZoRoXo wrote:
Yes, the plan was to run the summers trough everything. Idk why you'd ever replace them outside of finding something really good for grav. You would also have to make up for prismatic sockets, and good luck with that.

Heh, well thanks for saving me the test run, as im not going to be able to attend enough of these to try a hope-for-drop-gems attempt at the leaderboards (and i wish this wasnt the optimal strategy for 3-4 of the classes in the first place).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info