So about those new swords in Descent Champs.

I'd like some of the drugs whichever developer who designed those swords is on.

They ruin this seasons race. Every class is using them, and now I have to figure out how to use two of them.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
they hired jay wilson to grinding gear games. neon developed the sword then jay doubled it. best tag team in gaming industry
Last edited by janimauk on Jun 12, 2014, 3:53:58 PM
I'm actually curious to what people think is the most stupid part of the item. Personally, I think it's the frenzy charge portion of it granting free attack/cast speed AND movement speed. It's like the developer decided that increased AoE, increased AoE gem, and increased AoE damage weren't going to be enough, so we'll just add this extra gigantic movement/attack speed bonus to make up for it.

Oh, the item still is probably underpowered, so we'll let people get two of them, because nobody will pick one in the first place. Why this item didn't get the different main hand/offhand treatment like Doon Cuebiyari is beyond me.
Last edited by Kheffin on Jun 12, 2014, 3:55:15 PM
I agree. Using ice nova / fire trap / freezing pulse on scion. It blows my mind how ridiculous these uniques are. Not looking forward to punishing myself playing the rest of the DC just for points.
ranger can do cleave i guess with this 2 swords
dueslists cleaving now very successfully
marauders using them early
shadows too
scions too
witch templar no comments
path of balance
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
janimauk wrote:
they hired jay wilson to grinding gear games. neon developed the sword then jay doubled it. best tag team in gaming industry

Pretty sure that's how it went down.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
There is a funny balancing feature built in to these insane swords. Like a noob, I switched off of ST on my scion to try them out. Instant facerolling insanity, liquid skill, would have been my first visit to Grav I'm sure.

Then I ran into Brutus. Oops. How do you kill that dude with something OTHER than ST? That was a funny end to my race. I like that I'm going to waste points trying to learn a new build just in time for the season to end and the sword to be discontinued.
"
EricXanthus wrote:
There is a funny balancing feature built in to these insane swords. Like a noob, I switched off of ST on my scion to try them out. Instant facerolling insanity, liquid skill, would have been my first visit to Grav I'm sure.

Then I ran into Brutus. Oops. How do you kill that dude with something OTHER than ST? That was a funny end to my race. I like that I'm going to waste points trying to learn a new build just in time for the season to end and the sword to be discontinued.

Use viper strike + eva shield. I had a brutal brutus kill today just using firetrap, holy fridges was he fed.

http://www.twitch.tv/terrex7/c/4450453
Last edited by terrex on Jun 12, 2014, 4:25:38 PM
I cant speak for classes other than templar and witch but the sword is pretty broken. However I feel like it is not nearly as good on templar as it is on witch but that could just be because witch is super broken in this race. The sword and the race being 40 mins have pretty much killed it for me.
"
terrex wrote:
"
EricXanthus wrote:

Use viper strike + eva shield. I had a brutal brutus kill today just using firetrap, holy fridges was he fed.

http://www.twitch.tv/terrex7/c/4450453

Thats how I used to kill brutus on shadow. Pro tip: let freeze pulse + FT level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info