How does everyone feel about the new Descent Flameblastions(Champions)?

This is how i feel about the new DC champions uniques (and layouts) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDH-l3Mm1Y
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
shadows powerhouse of s7. Stats op

0.1% vs 8.7% difference? Comment op
Shadow was your chance at an easy demigod in Season 7, and the records were in bad spots for it. Yes, I think my rank 3 shadow record was bad. I lucked out with even keeping it.

I mean, there were many races where #1 shadow in the signature of season 7 ended up being a guy that decided to farm Crypt lol.

But right now, Shadow is pretty meh. I still think Flameblast drop will be the record. Even moreso if Ice Nova drops early too.

I do agree - the sword should have been offered as a quiver for rangers. That would have been a GREAT addition to ranger start.

To say class participation == balance is so ridiculously far from true. Especially comparing the guaranteed points of Descent Champions even if you die to the way points system worked in Fixed Seed.

Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Top sig for witch is more than double the xp of top shadow and almost double xp of top ranger at the moment, which is kinda both hilarious and sad.
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Shadow was your chance at an easy demigod in Season 7, and the records were in bad spots for it. Yes, I think my rank 3 shadow record was bad. I lucked out with even keeping it.

I mean, there were many races where #1 shadow in the signature of season 7 ended up being a guy that decided to farm Crypt lol.

But right now, Shadow is pretty meh. I still think Flameblast drop will be the record. Even moreso if Ice Nova drops early too.

I do agree - the sword should have been offered as a quiver for rangers. That would have been a GREAT addition to ranger start.

To say class participation == balance is so ridiculously far from true. Especially comparing the guaranteed points of Descent Champions even if you die to the way points system worked in Fixed Seed.

The thing with shadow that is different compared to probably every other class is that they've had to do something completely different every season

S1: Poison arrow//Ice nova/// Freeze pulse were the builds
S2: Cleave shadow was discovered
S3: Descent, No shadow had a clue what to do besides condemened
S4: Back to cleave
S5: Spectral Throw
S6: Spectral Throw w/ the new recipe (I guess everyone had to relearn the mechanics for this)
S7: Ghetto ass caster build that required you to get flameblast at 17
S8: Descent Champs

Season 7 was hard for me because I had to basically learn to play caster, that or play a weakened version of spectral throw. I think a lot of people started to play shadow in season 7 because of the caster buffs, I'm not sure if Mr.Statsguy posted just vanilla races but I'm going to take a HUUUGE guess and say a lot of those stats are inflated due to burst races and Endless ledge which shadows excel in because they don't start with dumpster gems.

Last edited by Rithz on Jun 12, 2014, 6:56:33 PM
"
Mavada wrote:
Just because ST isn't #1 this season doesn't mean it's a bad race.

Spectal throw wasn't the #1 last season either.

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Tried out witch for the first time after dying 10 mins in today as ranger.
Beated out my personal record as 5th ranger from last night.

I don't have anything more to add.
After more testing, Shadow MIGHT be able to break 23 with no external gem drops. Echoing what others have mentioned, the only way to completely destroy the current rankings is if you get flameblast as a drop - the earlier the better.

Seriously, that skill completely defines the metagame. Its not healthy for competition when your SIGNATURE rank is defined by a drop well beyond your control.

Fuck that.
With not-garbage rng, Shadow with dual sword/glacial cascade (presumably the best strategy right now) should top out at ~23.5. I am 100% sure it can hit 23, you just need to put in enough runs to not get screwed in halls 2/3.

If you find a way to kill Gravicius, it can conceivably hit 24+. But I have no idea how to do it.

And yes, lol flameblast.
Last edited by Kheffin on Jun 16, 2014, 3:14:38 AM
Metronomy and I have been toying with the idea of skipping partial Halls 2 in favour of clearing Halls 3 into Gravicius but I need to improve on my Hall 1 method before that'll happen. I don't like having my run dictated by whether or not I get purity aura rares. C47 net me like a metric tonne of them in halls and it was infuriating.

I'm not that good a player and just picked up shadow like five races ago so we'll see where my experiments take me.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 16, 2014, 3:27:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info