Crazy race ideas you'd like to see happen

I dont have enough currency to roll items even in d:c :D (mostly because when I try to roll some armor piece, for 1 alc + 6 chaos usage I get nothing)
would have fun with crazy currency drops.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
A race where you start off at higher levels instead of always being level 1. Probably would have to be one where you move to void league afterward, but start players off at appropriate levels for act 2 or 3, or even in higher difficulty levels. Give them a generic set of equipment which is enough to have at least some chance of survival and the appropriate number of unallocated passive points.

It gets a bit boring after a while ALWAYS starting at level 1, running through the same zones over and over. The first few levels are also probably the most boring part of the game since you don't really have many builds available yet.
First act is something automatic now, dont even notice the actual gameplay and bam, I'm in act 2.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Normal game except there are no vendors or quests in towns. Solo event. 4 hours or more.

I'd love to see how this would pan out. I expect it would be quite difficult, and very much dependent on the luck of the draw with respect to gem and gear drops. Fun for a change, but not a great "main course" event.
One thing that is certain is that WE NEED MORE RACE TYPES. Or just make next season's signature ELBLAMT. Those are ridiculous and fun.

Going with the idea of this thread, a Boss Rush would be pretty awesome. Just start with 20 or so points to allocate while your character stands there pre-race. Have a mini-dungeon between bosses for at least a little loot/currency and make bosses drop a 2 point skill book + loot. This would be pretty great for testing new boss ideas as well as just being really friggin fun.
I would say, however, that dead characters should at least receive points. Considering making a new character in this race type would mean allocating all those points again.

Another idea would be Enlightened races, where the XP gain is three or even four times the normal rate. I could see this being a modifier to existing races, with Enlightened Ledge being the ideal testing ground. This would also open up some new strategies, do you piecemeal your points and allocate as soon as possible? Save up five and then go for a notable? Or just run through the remaining Ledge to manage loot and allocation once through the loading screen?
Would be quite fun, I think.

One more idea is the Gladiator race. Players start in Sarn, and can party up. The point here is that you enter the Sarn arena and face wave after wave of monsters. Every five waves you face a boss, after which you would be able to leave the arena to replenish your flasks, sell and buy loot, and craft some quick items.
This race is more about familiarity with the item systems and cooperation with your teammates than knowing how to pick and choose monsters to kill and quests to ignore, because in order to leave the arena you have to kill ALL of the monsters that spawn.

Just some ideas I threw together.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info