Let's discuss Boss Drops in Normal

what I had in mind was currency rewards for quests as a tutorial to at least reward blue belt + blacksmith before a2, which would serve both the purpose of making racing better and introducing the currency system to players
say chain belt/rustic on hillock, atvian slippers on hailrake, transmute on submerged and blacksmith on brutus
but now that I think of it it requires additional dialogue on npcs (use that orb on any white items) so it's unlikely to happen

I don't really mind the bosses' loot table, I guess I'm used to getting nothing from them
but I don't race/play anymore so
I think ggg is against rewarding boss fights they've been pretty clear on that with invasion lzozlllddel
Last edited by Pam on Apr 24, 2014, 4:27:40 PM
"
D2 had a good system. Increased boss drops the first time around. It always made killing that boss for the first time exciting.

The questdrop was introduced in 1.10 and was broken from the beginning. If you skipped the proper queststate sequence Andariel, Duriel and Mephisto would alway drop as if the quest was open.

Also you could easily break with somebody else getting the killing blow having different queststates.

But yeah in general it's a good idea but you know if something drops a guaranteed unique and only rares the devs will either use "It's too trivial/abuseable" because somebody could find DF or Tabula at merv or kill piety/dominus merciless with level 35 characters.

There were way too many of those dumb changes because something is too "trivial"
Just look how they ruined the river crossings and Vaal ruins wp.
River got removed, and Vaal Ruins isn't at the beginning anymore.

And you can clearly see that the devs put more effort into damage limitation. Like "look there are unique strongboxes which could drop Kaoms Heart with 1/1000 drops increased don't quit"
What next:"We introduce 3 new invaders with high chances on unique items(yeah they are worse than the worst corrupted zone bosses)"

The devs made so many postings they hope we will just forget. Like "We hope we will introduce a race soon where RNG is far less of an issue"
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
sounds like an ez way to get meginords

lol you should write a tutorial on how to find low level uniques. would totally read.

the trick is to have "pls chris gimme epics" on ctrl + v ready, and use it when the boss is about to die. Works 50% of the time
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
Pam wrote:
what I had in mind was currency rewards for quests as a tutorial to at least reward blue belt + blacksmith before a2, which would serve both the purpose of making racing better and introducing the currency system to players
say chain belt/rustic on hillock, atvian slippers on hailrake, transmute on submerged and blacksmith on brutus
but now that I think of it it requires additional dialogue on npcs (use that orb on any white items) so it's unlikely to happen

I don't really mind the bosses' loot table, I guess I'm used to getting nothing from them
I think ggg is against rewarding boss fights they've been pretty clear on that with invasion lzozlllddel

Seems pretty nice to me. Having avian slippers + 2x quicksilver from tidal would also help a lot with how some new people who just started to play the game feel it's very slow at the start, and doesn't really start picking up until act3.

Should probably make the avian slippers unable to roll extra movespeed though
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Apr 24, 2014, 4:40:24 PM
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
Pam wrote:

how some new people who just started to play the game feel it's very slow at the start, and doesn't really start picking up until act3.

Poe early movement speed = slightly faster than my grandmother in her electronic wheelchair

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
They should make quicksilvers drop as common as small life potions.
or bring back phase run

+2 blue items I had already picked up

Just to illustrate my point. Drops in this game are complete and utter dog shit. Merveil wasn't much better this time either, not a single rare, tons of white items.

It's such a farce having to play with basically only white gear every race, scrambling together blue items so you at least have a transmute or two. I'm not sure if everyone is affected by this equally, I don't believe it.

I don't even know why I'm still complaining, as if anything is every going to change about the state of this game. Just forget it.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Apr 24, 2014, 9:32:43 PM
Dogshit drops is fun, same as dogshit crafting and endgame!
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
SlixSC wrote:

+2 blue items I had already picked up

Just to illustrate my point. Drops in this game are complete and utter dog shit. Merveil wasn't much better this time either, not a single rare, tons of white items.

It's such a farce having to play with basically only white gear every race, scrambling together blue items so you at least have a transmute or two. I'm not sure if everyone is affected by this equally, I don't believe it.

I don't even know why I'm still complaining, as if anything is every going to change about the state of this game. Just forget it.

Maybe your account if flagged for botting, or maybe you're just cursed. Either way, next time keep the "pls chris gimme epics" ready. Give it a try, it won't dissapoint!
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info