Let's discuss Boss Drops in Normal

GGG recently said that they wanted to make the game more enjoyable for new players and I think this would be a good starting point.

Not only would setting a higher treshhold for boss drops somewhat reduce RNG in racing, but it would make these boss kills more enjoyable and meaningful for new players.

I first noticed this when watching boof's stream and saw Brutus and Merveil respectively drop 0 rare items. 0 rare items.

Here is a picture from the most recent 85 min fixed seed:

To me it's bizarre that an act boss would drop more white items than rare items. I really don't understand the logic behind this. Boss fights in this game are just obstacles rather than rewarding, challenging experiences.

You kill a boss and post-fight you still have the exact same all-white gear that you had pre-fight.

Not to mention the complete absence of currency drops throughout all of normal. 0 alchs, 0 chances, 2 transmutes in the last 3 sig races and I know for a fact that other people experience this aswell, because I only started noticing this complete absence of useful drops after watching boof's stream.

Why is the treshhold for item drops so unbelievably low? Playing the game for 90 mins shouldn't have the average result of you wearing 8 (out of 10) white items in all your gear slots, 2 blues and maybe if you are extremely lucky 1 rare.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
And then people claim the drop rates are better than in CB....

In CB bosses didn't drop white items!

It wasn't very likely to find uniques that's true but you when you killed Vaal normal you had at last 3-4 rares and the only white items were rings.

When will people realize that the only thing that increased with OB were the droprates of low level uniques.
Bossdrop rates got destroyed to prevent "trivial farming"
Chests turned into garbage cans(now they don't seem even to exist anymore outside of DC and Vaults of Atziri)
Bosses started to drop whites.

And don't forget. Dweller, Weaver, Monkeytwins, Bear(locations were switched in CB) contained a large chest dropping good items.

There even was a time merveil merciless offered an exalted orb and there was a large chest to improve drops.
boof streams?
D2 had a good system. Increased boss drops the first time around. It always made killing that boss for the first time exciting.
Also thanks for the plug. If anyone ever wants to watch dumpster rng 90% of the time, be sure to tune in. Or you know, just play the game yourself.
I'm pretty used to it by now, but endless ledge boss drops are still a travesty. 4 whites over and over and over...

"
janimauk wrote:
boof streams?

Last edited by boof on Apr 24, 2014, 3:41:12 PM
Should stack rarity man, that's how you get limbsplit from merveil
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
New meta

"Oh my god no gold ring/ammy on my vendor again!"
gold ring from tidal island quest please
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Scale nothing with nothing. Sounds like a good way to get oneself even more pissed off at the game.

"I'm running two gold rings and a gold ammy, surely Brutus will drop something usefu..... NOPE still nothing."
sounds like an ez way to get meginords
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
sounds like an ez way to get meginords

lol you should write a tutorial on how to find low level uniques. would totally read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info