[3.1] JUGGERNAUT/BERSERKER 1H+Shield Max Block&Spell Block Tank, Atziri Killer+a BoR version

I've been following along this build for the last couple of weeks, and now that I'm at level 83 with most of the gear listed (except a decent chestpiece), I'm wondering one thing: Why am I not blocking?

My block chance is listed at 57% attacks and 43% spells. I run tempest shield, which should refresh every time I block. Yet frequently it expires without being refreshed, even if I've run into a group of trash mobs. I should also be seeing my energy shield constantly replenished.

Could someone more experienced in this game please tell me if I've done something terribly wrong?

My passives

My equipment

Thanks
Last edited by davidcx on May 4, 2017, 7:32:04 PM
"
davidcx wrote:
I've been following along this build for the last couple of weeks, and now that I'm at level 83 with most of the gear listed (except a decent chestpiece), I'm wondering one thing: Why am I not blocking?

My block chance is listed at 57% attacks and 43% spells. I run tempest shield, which should refresh every time I block. Yet frequently it expires without being refreshed, even if I've run into a group of trash mobs. I should also be seeing my energy shield constantly replenished.

Could someone more experienced in this game please tell me if I've done something terribly wrong?

My passives

My equipment

Thanks

I checked your gear and should work correctly. Are you sure you have the attributes to wield your shield atm for example? This build is generally lacking dexterity and intelligence and your gems in your shield is requiring 130 int. Your shield might be disabled for this reason, though I think you would have seen it happening.

If I were you I would put tempest shield with cast when damage taken gem. that way even if tempest shield expires, you don't have to manually cast it again.

And please, change your chest piece asap. That level 5 elemental profileration gives you 28% less damage multiplier (for example instead of doing 1000 damage, you are doing 720 dmg). Just follow this guide when it comes to gem links, gear options, etc and you should be able to improve your survivability and damage a lot.
Is the build HC viable as it is?
if not, what would you change (passiv tree / required item if any...)?

I don't plan to spend currencies (at least at the begining) and I'm wondering how far it could go in HC.

Thanks
So what is the best of the new bandits for this build - any ideas?
"
Grunker wrote:
So what is the best of the new bandits for this build - any ideas?

i would go with oak
Any thoughts on Glacial Hammer for this build?
hi,

i'm currently running an other block build, and i wondering how do u g*et block capped with this one ?
on my actual build i have 72% block +3% with tempest shieild => 75
but to achieve this i get Precise Interception ( 3% block )Weapon artistry (2% block) Command of steel ( 4% block) and finally for a blade spec : Brutal Blade (4% block )
as u can see it's 13% block chances ( + a jewel with 1% block more = 14%) ... do u run this build with multiple Reckelss Def. jewels to get block capped ?
or there is something i'm missing ?
Hi I was wondering if you were going to update this build for fall of oriath. I do hope so. thanks
Updated for 3.0.
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
Couldn't find a PoB link(s). Please add those for the new generation of lazy, thx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info