What build to go for pvp?

"
MrDigital wrote:
Sute, there your oneshots doesnt work.
Please GGG, nerf all these oneshot things like high crit, traps, mines, this is no Counter Strike. Also we dont need more totaly unblockable crap like Detonate Dead, EA, RF etc.
Thanks.

Agree. :) Fun is no Fun when u get in the arena and get 1 shot. (head shot)
"
MrDigital wrote:
Sute, there your oneshots doesnt work.
Please GGG, nerf all these oneshot things like high crit, traps, mines, this is no Counter Strike. Also we dont need more totaly unblockable crap like Detonate Dead, EA, RF etc.
Thanks.

i'd advise not to listen to mrdigital.

his concept of pvp is two people running towards each other holding down their single target attack skill until one of the players dies.

but i like that detonate dead now is place 1 in your enumeration :).

the main problem i see is that most melee builds have no interactivity. you don't have another choice than to charge in head-first.

if i as a mine user successfully crafted my pillowfort to then start spreading the desecration until the whole arena is covered in corpses, the melee can't engage anymore. if he does he will most likely die.

this of course only applies to non-crit builds. crit builds can still charge and hope to finish me before i have time to react.
"
SVD wrote:

if i as a mine user successfully crafted my pillowfort to then start spreading the desecration until the whole arena is covered in corpses, the melee can't engage anymore. if he does he will most likely die.

As a counter, couldn't the other guy use a detonate dead of his own and blow up your corpses ahead of time?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
SVD wrote:

but i like that detonate dead now is place 1 in your enumeration :).

This is only because we are talking about your "case" :-) RF is number one for sure.

"
SVD wrote:

this of course only applies to non-crit builds. crit builds can still charge and hope to finish me before i have time to react.

Yes, the who oneshots first fest, like you want to have the PVP. But ok, everybody can publish his opinion here, for this we have threads like this.
I dont want a PVP that reminds me more of Counter Strike, Minesweeper or Jump n run Super Mario Brothers.
so, no caster viable in high end pvp? seems legit :/ Myself i always played frozen orb sorc in tournaments in d2, and i loved that playstyle, maybe 1 day... :P
"
SVD wrote:

needs a 20 quality fireball and a 5link to operate.

Why would you need a 20 quality fireball? I always considered fireball to have one of the worst quality bonuses of any gem. You get a guaranteed burn on crit so quality only helps for none crits and they deals so low damage that their burns don't matter much anyway in my opinion.
Last edited by Grildrak on Feb 26, 2014, 1:13:56 PM
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
SVD wrote:

needs a 20 quality fireball and a 5link to operate.

Why would you need a 20 quality fireball? I always considered fireball to have one of the worst quality bonuses of any gem. You get a guaranteed burn on crit so quality only helps for none crits and they deals so low damage that their burns don't matter much anyway in my opinion.

its because you dont crit. my crit chance is like 12-15 % but i have a chance to ignite high enough to reliably ignite my opponents with 3 fireballs from quality.

i scale my ele & fire dmg as much as possible so the burn is quite strong, i want to ignite as often as possible and thus i want 20% quality fireball.

@firebrand: yes thats possible. but i don't see them doing too much to me then either. and mostly they dont have too much faster cast and have to stand still for casting. its a good countermove but doesnt necessarily break the matchup
I just calculated the dps for each spell i could think of using, and i mean, they are so much lower than a good mirrored weapon its almost redicilous, + they get moore % increase from gems/nodes on melee, seems broken I guess 2 hand sword is the way to go then? (flicker will cause too much seizures)
"
boye wrote:
so, no caster viable in high end pvp? seems legit :/ Myself i always played frozen orb sorc in tournaments in d2, and i loved that playstyle, maybe 1 day... :P

Casters are viable in PVP but for the moment only ethereal knives is efficient, GGG is changing things next patch and buffing spells so hopefully we get to use other skills too !
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 26, 2014, 6:05:00 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Casters are viable in PVP but for the moment only ethereal knives is efficient, GGG is changing things next patch and buffing spells so hopefully we get to use other skills too !

Yes, that is true. But I really hope they dont buff it too much, spells can get very dangerous and they are wide range attacks. If they do it too much we get a lot of "EK" spells and most none range attack chars will have a hard time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info